By Anonymous - 10/03/2013 00:40 - United Kingdom - Brighton

Today, I received an email from my friend in South Africa, with whom I'll soon be staying for 2 months. She was telling me that she had bought me a few things so I would be prepared for my stay. What did she buy me? A taser and some pepper-spray. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 984
You deserved it 5 564

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ahahaha! Your friend's a joker, mate. A taser won't help you here!

Comments

Didn't you here Oscar Pistorius is on the loose

knoxxx 22

Your friend is being kind, OP, and I feel like if you didn't do research on the social climate of South Africa before planning this trip, YDI.

adam_night 9

I stayed in South Africa for a while, it's a rough place.

Iniezian 18

In a country that is rape, murder, and burglary capital of the world, that's tame. Nothing short of a gun will cover your ass there. In fact, I'm surprised people still want to live there.

That's such bullshit. You can live just fine in South Africa without a gun. It really just depends on where you are because some areas are much safer than others. All you really need to cover your ass is a healthy dose of common sense and awareness.

SeepingSarcasm 7

Iniezian, unfortunately there is no other way to say this: You are a ******* idiot! SA is one of the greatest places in the world to live! And by far more beautiful than most other places where the crime is worse than average. You only get to hear the bad, like we for example only get to hear ''how stupid Americans are.'' I for one choose not to believe such stereo-typing because it makes one look like an idiot. Do some PROPER research before you make such retarded statements!

It's south Africa, what exactly were you expecting? For secure suburbs?

There ARE secure suburbs here. A lot, actually. I would suggest that you shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.

Sasha92_fml 3

It must be for the lions and hippos walking around outside. Has your friend informed you yet that we ride zebras to go work in the fields?

I live in South Africa, it is only unsafe if you go into the lower class areas(townships) the normal suburbs are safe. Every country has its unsafe areas

Truly insulting. Every single country in the WHOLE WORLD has bad places you shouldn't go to. South africa is no exception. It seems that opinions here are mosed biased than anything else. If you have never been to south africa then you have no right. I hope you enjoy your trip!

No, the rape actually isn't that bad. You make it sound as if a woman will be raped as if she so much as sets one foot on South African soil, yet you can be a woman here and never get raped