By Anonymous - 10/03/2013 00:40 - United Kingdom - Brighton

Today, I received an email from my friend in South Africa, with whom I'll soon be staying for 2 months. She was telling me that she had bought me a few things so I would be prepared for my stay. What did she buy me? A taser and some pepper-spray. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 984
You deserved it 5 564

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ahahaha! Your friend's a joker, mate. A taser won't help you here!

Comments

Sounds like your going to have a wild time ...

They won't help you here! Get yourself a gun or a big knife :)

Today my dog hid my liquid shoe polish. I found it. So did my computer keyboard, me desk and my cat. everything is now black. And no. Acetone does not remove it.

Guys you're all wrong, she needs the tazer to cook her zebra meat which she hunted herself because we don't get electricity here in South Africa, or have shops or tar roads. *slaps hand to face* Hey for a third world country dealing with everything we've been dealt we are not doing too badly at all. So don't judge a country until you've lived there!

Did you actually know anything about South Africa before you decided to stay there for two months?

Ohh please. You're friends joking with you man. SA ain't that bad... Unless you go to one of those dodgey areas like Soweto... The thing with the racism is that people just refuse to get over the past. Even smaller kids in the schools accuse you of being racist if you for example reprimand them and you're a different colour.

Let’s start with the worst, most publicized fact about South Africa’s crime issue: South Africa has roughly 50 murders per day. Though this is certainly a terrible fact, it is highly misleading. Why is that? Murder rates are traditionally measured using the number of murders per 100,000 people. Using that measurement, South Africa had 40.4 murders per 100,000 people during 2006/2007.(1) That is, of course, still a very high statistic. But, it is important that you put this statistic into perspective before you make any judgments. In 2006 Washington, D.C. had 29.7 murders per 100,000 people.(2) In 2005 that number was 35.4.(3) Three years before this in 2003 it had 44.7 murders per 100,000 people. (4) Have you or your family ever had the least concern about visiting Washington, D.C.? In 2006 Birmingham, Alabama had 44.5 murders per 100,000 people and St. Louis, Missouri had 37.2 murders per 100,000

Sasha92_fml 3

I find it so ammusing that people who have never even been to SA , suddenly know everything there is to know about the country :) I have lived in SA my entire life. I live in Cape Town now but have lived in Johannesburg too. I have NEVER , yes NEVER, been the victim of a crime here. Some may call that lucky, but i have plenty of friends who, like me, have not been victimised. There is crime EVERYWHERE. Ironically, the first time i EVER got 'mugged' was in the USA. People need to try become more knowledgable before branding our BEAUTIFUL country purely on what has been heard (by people who themselves probably have no idea). We have cities, transportation systems and technology on par with alot of leading countries.(Im saying this because i have spoken tio foreigners who honestly think we ride elephants to school, have no electricity and live in huts-EDUCATE YOURSELVES) I have travelled all over the world and would never want to live ANYWHERE else. In fact i have a number of foreign friends( USA, UK and other parts of Europe) who have immagrated to SA after visiting and falling inlove. YES, we have crime. But where doesnt!! PROUDLY AOUTH AFRICAN.

King needs a new dream; that americans get brains. Dang y'all are stoooopid lol. Anyhows, OP, you and your friend will probably use the taser to scare each other and the pepper spray to see who has the highest tolerance for heat. ;) you'll love SA and don't forget to hit the nightlife.