By Teiu88 - 20/10/2013 14:34 - Canada - Niagara Falls

Today, I realized how bad my OCD is when I accidentally got a paper cut and I was annoyed by the fact that the cut wasn't in a straight line. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 683
You deserved it 6 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

addioty 19

Comments

Cover it so you don't have to see it. Problem solved.

You know what annoys me? When people who are just anal call themselves "OCD". I'm fairly certain you don't have a damned clue what OCD really is, because OCD is NOT the same as being anal. Go look it up.

tannerianian 11

Due to your profile pic you seem to know what anal is...

addioty 19

I have been clinically diagnosed. Though I do hate it when people self diagnose themselves because they're particular about some things.

Snide_Sniper 3

14-Thank you, I suffer from OCD and I find it extremely annoying when people who are anal say that they have OCD.

kathryn14 19

Same here, I've been diagnosed and it drives me crazy when people say that. They don't know what we go through. If I got that paper cut I wouldn't be worried it wasn't a straight line, I would have to make the exact same paper cut on the same finger on the other hand. Lol.

27 - your comment was, "we are on the same boat." You might have it but you clearly don't know the symptoms that OCD displays

addioty 19

I said I'm particular like that as well. I do clearly know what it is and like the previous comment said, I'd have to make the same mark on the same finger on the other hand to calm myself. Whenever I walk in a room I have to check behind mirrors or I feel uneasy. I have to shower backwards or I feel plain weird. Like I said, assumptions. . .

addioty 19

There is also no particular symptoms. Everyone with OCD is different and you really shouldn't be commenting stuff like that if you have no clue what you're talking about.

Well, I actually misunderstood your first comment because people with OCD tend not to care if the cut was straight or not. Like the comment above me said, they would care more about having the same cut on the other hand. I do apologize because you said in your other comment that you were just trying to relate to OP

addioty 19

It's okay :) I'm really sorry, sometimes my comments come out bad :P

You know what annoys me? When people make assumptions about others without knowing a damn thing about them. How do you know OP wasn't diagnosed and actually DOES have OCD? You shouldn't just automatically assume, "Oh, they're just being an anal little bitch," because that just makes you look like an ass.

The OCD haa a diferent clinical from person to person, but is diagnose as that when that anxiety stops then from having a normal life, I do admit I have some obssesive conducts but no OCD, I hate when people miss use it like when they call themself bipolar

Mossears - Because what OP is describing has absolutely nothing to do with OCD whatsoever. So I'm fairly certain my assumption is completely justified. Any other stupid questions?

kathryn14 19

46, I did say I would care about having the same cut on the other hand, but that's not necessarily how it is with everyone with OCD. That's how it affects me. So if the op does in fact have OCD, this could be a plausible way that it affects them. I wasn't insisting that op doesn't have OCD, I was simply commenting that I also hate when people who don't have it or don't know about it say that they have OCD. Or say that they "are OCD" which actually makes no sense at all

In case you haven't noticed anything on this thread, Doc, OCD varies vastly from person to person. OP could easily have a case centered around the evenness and perfection of forms (ie, making sure any and all lines are straight) as opposed to keeping things symmetrical. I must say, I'm rather surprised at your ignorance on this matter!

No. That is NOT OCD. That is being anal, particular, exacting. OCD is when you have an Obsession (like straight lines) that Compels you to do something (like wash your hands 13 times when you see a crooked line). If you are a bit anxious when you see a crooked line, that IS NOT OCD. I studied this in college. And in medical school. Was there anything else?

Also, they wouldn't just 'be annoyed' about it. They would find it horrible.

Alright, Mister Medical School, tell me, where does it say the OP WASN'T compelled to do something? The fact that he didn't write a ruddy novel means nothing. There IS a word limit, after all.

ruthi666 23

If you had been clinically diagnosed you would know the OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) is characterized by having repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas or sensations that cause certain compulsions like having to touch a door knob 3 times before you can open a door. Being a neat freak doesn't mean you have OCD.

The key word is "annoyed". I luckily don't have OCD, but I do know that someone with OCD would feel a lot worse than "annoyed".

I like having my dvds alphabetized, that's tooooootally OCD right?

Person like the OP (call them what you will): "Oh, my desk just has to be tidy or it annoys me. Lol OCD!" Actual OCD person: "My desk has to be ritualistically arranged a specific way (that may or may not actually be tidy) or my child will get cancer."

yellowzinnias 20

So you have decided from a comment with limited characters that he is NOT OCD? Perhaps he spends hours every day lining up every single thing in his life and his irritation that his papercut is not also straight is simply a tiny hint of a very large problem. I am disturbed by the young people that think reading a tweet-length blurt from someone is "knowing" them. You need to cool your assumptions about whether or not people do or do not know about/have a disorder. Also, you might ask your doctor to also evaluate you for bipolar. They often go hand-in-hand, and you certainly have the hair-trigger anger symptom. And to cut you off, not only was I pre-med for years, I am also a medicated bipolar sufferer.

amayasoma 19

Just put a bandage over it neatly so you do not notice it? Out of site, out of mind.

kathryn14 19

OCD doesn't exactly work like that. I wish it did.

caohm 18

please don't try to be like monk and try to you get it right. there's no right way to get cut unless your defending yourself or some else.

well put a bandage horizontally .... prb solved:D

martin8337 35

It's a jungle out there (Monk).

I wonder if it bothers OCD homosexuals that they aren't straight?

"Not if they're so gay they can't think straight". :P

Funny enough, actually, recurring "Am I gay?" fears are one possible obsessive component of some OCD cases. So... in a way, you're right!

Adree 15

I MODERATED THIS! But Chapstick on a papercut is an instant cure(: stops pain

martin8337 35

Hell, I'm so anal/OCD that when I put canned goods away, the labels must face out and the can has to be right side up.

That's not OCD that's just being particular about a single issue. They are no where near the same thing. Liking things clean and in order is not OCD, it's just "being neat".