By It was the 11 year old - 21/07/2012 08:00 - United States - Austin

Today, I overheard my 11-year-old son giving my 8-year-old daughter the sex talk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 901
You deserved it 5 030

Same thing different taste

Comments

Unicorntails 7

People on here insist on putting question marks behind every sentence? Drives me crazy?

DeVaughnS 5

Lol that's cute cause I'm pretty sure he had alot of it wrong

You should be thankful, Op. He saved you from an awkward moment in the future. Plus, as a bonus, you don't have to give him the talk cause he already knows it too. Just think of it as killing two birds with one stone.

Well, 'it' happens young. I was taught about 'it' in school in fourth grade, even though I knew the stuff around second or third.

pwnman 33

Kids these days hear it from other kids, they hear it from the Internet

flutter4 7

Where did your 11 year old learn about sex from? I think 11 is too early for the "talk"

You do realize that a lot of 11-year-olds have already been through puberty, right? That means that they are already possibly having sexual urges. Knowledge about sex can go a long way toward preventing things like unintended pregnancy and STDs.

flutter4 7

I'm sorry but my children will not know a out sex when they are 11. They don't need to know how to be adults when they are children. If you monitor what your children are doing, I assure you they won't be having sex at 11 years old. That is just my personal opinion.

ByronJess 17

Alright, but when your eleven year old daughter starts her period and think she's dying because she doesn't know what it is, dot come complaining to us. I started mine when I was ten. My mom was the same age, so was her mom. Her mom had no idea what it was because back then it wasn't talked about and she thought she was dying. I might also point out that even if YOU don't talk to your children that early, one of their peers at school WILL, and you won't even have a clue that they know. Also, it is IMPOSSIBLE to monitor your children's behavior 100% of the time.

That is unfortunate because you send them to school, well informed children will talk about it. It is best to tell your kid now and deal with the naive questions about the basics and how to prevent babies. But if you want to be a shit and mess up your kid, go ahead

You people are crazy 11 is to young to explain that to kids let them be a kid it and enjoy it what is it with the world nowadays 10 year olds having babies 8 year olds with iPhones I fear for the future of humanity

peachyFML 17

72- I totally agree. I was 8 when I started mine and Mom hadn't had the talk with me. I read a lot and all of my friends were several years older so I knew a little and didn't freak out. Luckily I was as mature mentally as I was physically.

I agree with you. Is there no such thing as childhood anymore? Sad...

kayliers 5

I got "the talk" in a class at school when I was 10. And again when I was 14.

fofojade 6

This is an old fml from like last year.

Hopefully the 8 year old isn't scarred

he just doing what he's suppose too !! bring the BIG brother ☺