By Bridget - 06/05/2012 18:01 - United Kingdom

Today, I married the man of my dreams. While I was being driven to our wedding reception, I checked my Facebook. My husband had just updated his status to "Me and the bitch just got hitched." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 266
You deserved it 7 148

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Finnick_fml 12

He either called you that so his guy friends would think he's 'cool' or he somehow finds it to be a (twisted) term of endearment/cute. Either way, I think he was joking, too - I doubt he'd be stupid enough to post something like that on Facebook if he wasn't :)

Sparks808 10

Obviously he is a keeper or she wouldn't have married him.

koolkat27 13

15- he called her a bitch on her wedding day! even if it was a joke, its a dumbass move.

Hopefully he was joking. But if it really bothers you I suggest talking to him about it, and I mean TALKING, calmly, not yelling. You don't want this behavior to continue if it hurts your feelings, but on the other hand you don't want to punish him for something he didn't realize was hurtful.

It does seem kind of bitchy(at least rude) to be checking your Facebook on the way to your wedding reception. I am sure he was joking though

MEM0817 18

How is it bitchy or rude of OP to check her Facebook while she was ON HER WAY to the reception? Has no one caught onto the fact her newly husband beat her to it and not only checked his Facebook but inappropriately updated his status? So for everyone saying YDI because she checked it, her hubbs already beat her to the punch with a status that wasnt so nice. (Even though im sure he was trying to be funny)

I think her new hubby probably realized she would not be able, even on her wedding day, to resist checking so he put this up as a joke to her. I find it rude because who cares what's happening in face book when you just made the most official decision of your life official. The bride and the groom should be focused on each other and in that moment not worried about writing a few words on the Internet.

you should post me and dickwad are going to be divorced sooner than we got married if he keeps referring to me as "his bitch"!! lol

Or maybe just tell him that his joke embarrasses you and ask him to take it down before Mom, Grandma and everyone else see it. That way you won't be stressing about it during the reception.

Shame on him! He has such bad grammar! It's "The bitch and I." Sorry, had a grammar nazi moment there...

I beg to differ, "The Bitch and I" seems like an amazing play of poetic quality. It'll make you laugh. It'll make you cry. It'll make you contract diabeetus from the sheer heart-wrenching sweetness.

Congratulations! You got the point!!! Idiot.

Congratulation, you're now a rude arse-hole!

thatoneguy79 10

I believe the common vows include phrases to the effect of "for better or worse" and " till death do us part". Friendships are ended over petty words. Marriages are usually a bit more substantial. Of course, your thought process could be indicative of why so many people get divorced today. Divorce is not equivalent to un-friending someone on Facebook.

He's the man of your dreams I'm sure you can let him off just this once :)

Give a man an inch and he'll take a mile. One time is one too many. Mean words means pouty lips, both sets of them. He better calm himself and get in line or there will be no after-after party.