By Anonymous - 09/10/2017 23:15

Today, I married the beautiful girl I’ve been in love with since we were both 6 years old. By married, I mean I performed the marriage ceremony as the vicar and watched her smile and kiss her arsehole boyfriend, now husband, right in front of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 730
You deserved it 1 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It does suck, but I feel like I have to say this: 1. If you never told her how you felt, what can you really expect? 2. If you did tell her how you felt and she rejected you, you should seriously try to move on. 3. If for some reason it just never worked out despite feelings and efforts on both sides then maybe it was time for you both to find someone else anyway. 4. Why were you performing the ceremony???

Donut_Wizard 23

Are you allowed to be the one to object when you are performing the ceremony?

Comments

It does suck, but I feel like I have to say this: 1. If you never told her how you felt, what can you really expect? 2. If you did tell her how you felt and she rejected you, you should seriously try to move on. 3. If for some reason it just never worked out despite feelings and efforts on both sides then maybe it was time for you both to find someone else anyway. 4. Why were you performing the ceremony???

5. if her bf really is an arsehole and you're not just jealous, if you've never discussed him before there's really nothing you can do.

Donut_Wizard 23

Are you allowed to be the one to object when you are performing the ceremony?

I don't think those lines are usually said in wedding ceremonies anymore. Also, the reasons for why a couple can't be wed have to be legal ones such as one of them is already married or one of them has killed the other's former spouse, not simply because someone is in love with the bride.

Stealthninjaa 19

Could've been worse. At least you didn't get an awkward boner during the ceremony.

Lobby_Bee 17

Oh wow, can't imagine how shitty you must feel right now. The best thing to do is to never see her again and try to move on. Can't move on if it triggers that part of you whenever you see her.

Did you ever tell her you were in love with her? If so, FYL. If not, YDI. Now, she might not have reciprocated, but you would have it out there. And is her now-husband really an asshole or is it that you're jealous of him?

Chris_1163187222 15

Quit complaining , get over it if it took your more than 20 years to make a move and instead stayed in the friend zone you deserve it

CBL88 25

To be fair, she isn't obligated to return your feelings of affection, nor are you obligated to perform the ceremony.

Don't worry about it, Padre. There are lots of other people out there. And that number significantly increases if you're a Catholic.

Sorry but what? You're an adult who could choose not to do the ceremony, but you chose to punish yourself by doing it anyway? Dude... maybe it's time to consult the Bible in how to move on