By Anonymous - 04/02/2011 23:07 - United States

Today, my husband who asked for a divorce four days ago announced his engagement on Facebook. His new woman's profile picture is my engagement ring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 872
You deserved it 3 505

Same thing different taste

Top comments

the ring is actually your personal property, as is your wedding band. the only time it's required that you give it back, is if YOU break off the engagement prior to the marriage. It's considered a form of contract until the wedding day, and upon the marriage becoming official, the ring is considered a gift to the bride/wife. The only time that a judge might make an exception with rings is if the rings are a family heirloom from his side of the family. So... I'd be calling the police and filing a theft charge against him asap.

inglouriousbitch 0

Good riddance to a cheap ass husband.

Comments

inglouriousbitch 0

Good riddance to a cheap ass husband.

playaaaaa! hustlaaaaa! FyourLife. I will try and get your husband on my journey to find superman.

therealdavid 0

Try putting the ring around his dick;) Thatll straighten him up.

What a cheap-ass bitch of a husband. Well at least now you know what a douche he is... You are better off without him.

MissFukMyLuck 0

I pawned the ring my x husband gave me :) it was liberating! and my son and I used the money to move a good 600 miles away from that cheating man ****....:D youre better off - a man + a *****!!!

inglouriousbitch 0

Thank you ; ) it keeps deleting my comment

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but why stop with one, 70?

So, have shmex <- (I know that's not how it's spelled) with him in front of her, THEN divorce him ^^~

No need for all the hate on the guy. It is no longer her engagement ring. Why do woman feel entitled about that? He bought it and he can give it to anybody he wants now.

Lichinamo 33

Actually as soon as he gave it to her, it became hers. Normally when engaged or married couples separate due to one leaving the other, the ring goes to the person who was left instead of the person who leaves or bought it.

newnew8 0

what does comment moderated mean ?

....no. Just no. He/she did not really ask that. You must have moderated it Sirin. I refuse to believe otherwise.

abasio 1

**** HER life. At least you're rid of him.

Holy **** your soon to be ex-husband is a jerk :O

oblio 0

uh uh! that ring is yours. that is just wrong.

dudeitsdanny 9

Actually, it IS legally hers. My civil law teacher told us about stories like this when the woman sued for the ring during the divorce. Do it, OP. The ring is yours. It makes no difference if you don't want it, you can pawn/sell it.. But he will NEVER live down asking the other woman to marry him with your ring. Screw up his new relationship for being such a dick. You can probably also get him for more money if you can prove he cheated, and she might cooperate and say he did cheat after she has to give up the ring ;) You can come out winning here.

Don't do all of that, think of your morals if you have any. Rather you should part ways with him and let him keep the ring to remind him just how bad he screwed up. judging by the fact that maybe you might be the good one here.

starah_fml 0

did any one stop to think that maybe just maybe she gave the ring back to him? and maybe she never gave it up any more and was a castrating bitch? anyways f the new girls life for geting an used ring!

wiggs5 0

well at least your done with him... find a hotter guy who isn't a jerk :) then rub that in his face.

no find someone with a bigger dick who's better at sex. Rub that in his face and he'll fall apart. As a man that used to be one of my fears

find someone who's better at sex will drive him more crazy. then invite him and his fiancé out to double date and insult his size and skills In the bed in front of his fiancé MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

ericamari3x 0

At least someone else is stuck with your husband now. He will probably end up doing the same thing to her. What goes around, comes around!

lifeisbutadream3 0

absolutely! History repeats itself.

EmVee 0

what a piece of crap. good riddance to bad rubbish, I say...trash is as trash does.

Mention in court that you want it back as it is your property and then rape him for money, cars, a house, and turn any children you might have against him!

It is incredibly wrong for one parent to use their children against the other parent. If the Op has kids and was bitchy enough to do something like that than she would totally deserve all of this. Children are people, not tools to be used for spite.

Sonfang 19

In a court of law an engagement ring is mostly considered a contract, when one party breaks the contract the ring is given back to the purchaser. I said mostly, it is not always the case but from what I've seen and heard that is the way it works. OP you don't deserve to be treated like that. Nobody does, just remember once a cheater always a cheater...he'll do it again and again...you're better off.