By spockswifey - 03/11/2010 06:40 - United States

Spicy
Today, I jokingly asked my husband if he had ever cheated on me. In the most sincere and honest tone, he said "if I ever have or ever will, there's no way you would ever find out. I love you too much to lose you", and gave me a hug. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 115
You deserved it 8 415

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jerzyginger74 0

Oh, I don't even know where to begin with that one. That sounds like a back-handed admission to me.

Comments

jeka09 0

great job u ask and u will recieve

um that's not an fml he said he love u lol.

grooveytiesquad 0

if he does cheat on you then he doesn't love you. obviously there isn't an excuse for cheating on someone you supposingly love.

Zabimaru_fml 0

The relationship lasted years and people **** up it happens if he regrets it enough then the expirience will teach him not to **** up again and if he loves her so much he would obviously regret it. Welcome to reality almost no guys can say they have never cheated on someone before.

FLCL4711Fox 0

129 I have never cheated and I've been with my girlfriend for almost 4 years. however there are exceptions for everything and I do agree with the majority of your comment

Zabimaru, it sounds like you've been cheated on. FYI, I've been with my wife for 13 years, and I've never cheated on her or anyone else. I've never even considered it, despite numerous opportunities (you'd be surprised how many nurses flirt with doctors). Not all men are cheaters, and not all cheaters are men.

bswole 1

he was tryin to be nice haha give him a break i doubt he cheated if he loves you as much as he says

Ladies and Gentlemen, This FML brought to you by 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'...

ohsuzykuew 0

Without my husband actually saying so, I would never want to find out that he cheated on me. Lots of men cheat on their wives even if they are head over heals in love with them. Many men separate sex and love. I'm not saying I think it's right or that I like it, but I believe my statement to be true. Some men tell their wives they've cheated out of guilt and are trying to 'get it off their chest'. Actually what happens is that trust is broken and I believe it is unrecoverable. So, unless I am looking for a way out, I would prefer staying in the dark about it. The exception being if he did it all the time and everyone knew about it except me. In that case there would be no reason to stay in the marriage because he would have no respect for me.

ohsuzykuew 0

Oh, I forgot this part: "Go to Oprah, Go to Oprah" hahahahahaha!!!

What if he did it once, but everyone knew about it except you?

So if your boyfriend cheated on you with, let's say, one woman a year, he would still respect you, whilst if he cheated on you with 20 women a year, he wouldn't? Strange vision. In my world, every act of cheating is a sign of disrespect. So you wouldn't mind that your boyfriend doesn't respect you as long as you don't know it, and thinks he does. Ah, now it makes perfect sense. (it's not that I don't understand your vision, but it's wrong. It's like saying 'as long as I don't know the holocaust has happened, I still can respect Hitler' or 'as long as I'm staying in the dark about the pedophile priest in my village, I don't have to think about the option my daughter being raped.' You prefer a false safety above the painfull truth, but in the end, truth is always the best option) And if you still prefer the false safety: have an open relationship. That's the only way to keep a relationship without being hurt whilst being (with) a cheater. Here's my advice, if you're alright with your boyfriend cheating on you, but you just don't want to know it, tell him you're in an open relationship and he is allowed to have sex with every woman he wants as long as he knows this his home is with you. Not my cup of tea. I demand respect of my partner.

ohsuzykuew 0

Both of you ladies have valid points. I have been cheated on before by a now ex-boyfriend and the heartbreak was extremely painful! Especially since it was with my (then) best friend. I'm glad I found out about them and I broke up with BOTH of them. :-) You may not agree but I find a big difference between boyfriend and husband. I would definitely want to know about my boyfriend cheating on me with anyone. Also if my husband had a long term affair I would also want to know. if he had a one night stand (once or twice in our long and seemingly happy marriage) then that's when I would not want to know. I fully trust my husband and have faith that he would never cheat on me. If I didn't trust him so much then I would never have married him. Perhaps I would feel differently if it happened, but for now I do not think I would want to hear about an indiscretion or two. If I did find out, and it was with my best friend then I could not be held responsible for my actions. LOL! I'm sure there are some holes in my statement, but I think you get the idea. ~Cheers!

I see your point, and I agree, but a thought still comes to mind. The act of getting married is the act of committing yourself to one person for what is supposed to be the rest of your life. A one night stand in a happy marriage is still cheating, obviously, and it may show some underlying issues. I can understand that you wouldn't want to know about the one nighter, but it's still something that should be discussed, at least in my opinion. I'd want to be sure that he'd never do it again and that he understands what marriage means. If he wants someone else, then he can either be single or date/marry someone else. As much as it would hurt me to do/say that...