By Anonymous - 21/04/2013 17:36 - Kuwait - Kuwait

Today, I had to explain to my girlfriend that taking triple the maximum dosage of painkillers won't actually triple its effects. She rolled her eyes, called me clueless, and said that I should "leave this stuff to the professionals." She's studying to become a doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 203
You deserved it 6 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rg350dx 29

Write this moment down and remind her of it in four years and ask again who's clueless.

Cryptic17 - No, the thing that will increase is the concentration if the drug in her bloodstream, and when you increase the plasma concentration, you generally increase the response. SapphireVelvet is right - OP IS clueless.

Comments

The rest of the argument here aside, perhaps if she hadn't rolled her eyes at him, called him clueless and told him to leave it to the professionals and had instead taken a minute to explain to him why she thought it was effective and safe, the outcome would have been different. Seems to me that they're both being rather arrogant.

jasonaprk98 4

Not a good one, apparently. I hope that she hasn't been studying for very long yet, for all possible future patients' sakes, as well as yours and her own.

Isn't prescription strength usually double or triple the OTC recommendation?

In most cases it will however knock her out

Please tell me what hospital she will be working at . So that I don't have to go to that hospital next time .

She must be in it for the narcotics.

Is terminal stupidity grounds for denying someone a kidney transplantation?