By Anonymous - 21/04/2013 17:36 - Kuwait - Kuwait

Today, I had to explain to my girlfriend that taking triple the maximum dosage of painkillers won't actually triple its effects. She rolled her eyes, called me clueless, and said that I should "leave this stuff to the professionals." She's studying to become a doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 203
You deserved it 6 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rg350dx 29

Write this moment down and remind her of it in four years and ask again who's clueless.

Cryptic17 - No, the thing that will increase is the concentration if the drug in her bloodstream, and when you increase the plasma concentration, you generally increase the response. SapphireVelvet is right - OP IS clueless.

Comments

Umm yes it will triple the effects. Where the **** did you learn your information? I can't believe you have anybody agreeing with you.

yeah, you should leave it to professionals. obviously you're too stupid to be with someone in med school.

I'm a qualified doctor - She's right - awks.... xx

LoneBooker88 16

When somethign ironic happens.....just laugh and say "I told you so" later

Triple dose? She'll figure it out when St. Peter calls her a dumbass

WickedFan 12

If she does that too often, you don't have to worry about her getting a degree. She'll be dead, OD.

I'm confused. Why wouldn't they triple the effects. I mean I could understand if OP said that they won't NECESARILY triple the effects, but he says it flat out won't.

I'm not sure if the effects would be necessarily tripled (I assume there is a saturation point at which increasing the dosage will no longer noticeably increase the effects), but I would think that you should feel an increase of effects when the dosage is increased from from X to 3X... similarly to drinking 1 coffee vs 3 coffees.

Yeah ummm you're wrong. She is right. You should leave it to the professionals. I knew this already, plus I studies it in college and I take pain killers. Don't worry buddy, I'm sure you're smart at something else.