By Anonymous - 21/04/2013 17:36 - Kuwait - Kuwait

Today, I had to explain to my girlfriend that taking triple the maximum dosage of painkillers won't actually triple its effects. She rolled her eyes, called me clueless, and said that I should "leave this stuff to the professionals." She's studying to become a doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 203
You deserved it 6 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rg350dx 29

Write this moment down and remind her of it in four years and ask again who's clueless.

Cryptic17 - No, the thing that will increase is the concentration if the drug in her bloodstream, and when you increase the plasma concentration, you generally increase the response. SapphireVelvet is right - OP IS clueless.

Comments

You do realize that you can get prescription strength ibuprofen that is 800 mg? The average over the counter pill is 200 mg. This doesn't say what she was taking, but it is really hard to overdose on OTC painkillers.

cmb8280 24

3x the max dosage of painkillers will in fact triple it's effects. Hard to be in pain when you're passed out on the sofa :)

if it's a pain killer of course it will triple the affect. you are a moron

TVKill3r 15

Do you live under a rock? It's called maximum dosage for a reason.

She's not entirely wrong, however as someone who is supposed to be concerned about her well being, I must say you should worry a little less on which one of you is clueless and a little more about the damage she could be causing to her body. Given the drug and her size, take 3x more than she is supposed to take could do some serious damage.

I don't blame her. Med studies does this to people. :(

you and the 30,000 other people that agreed with you are dumb. More medicine definitely equals more effect.

Dgenerate 3

Hell, my gf took double the max of painkillers once, even after I told her not to, because I KNEW wtf was gonna happen. Didn't listen and sure enough, the painkillers caused more pain to her than it would have gotten rid of.