By Anonymous - 21/04/2013 17:36 - Kuwait - Kuwait

Today, I had to explain to my girlfriend that taking triple the maximum dosage of painkillers won't actually triple its effects. She rolled her eyes, called me clueless, and said that I should "leave this stuff to the professionals." She's studying to become a doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 203
You deserved it 6 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rg350dx 29

Write this moment down and remind her of it in four years and ask again who's clueless.

Cryptic17 - No, the thing that will increase is the concentration if the drug in her bloodstream, and when you increase the plasma concentration, you generally increase the response. SapphireVelvet is right - OP IS clueless.

Comments

pssshhh, what is wrong with everyone like "YOU NEED TO GET HER TO THE HOSPITAL" like seriously? you guys don't even know what painkillers she was using... and triple the overdose doseage on most pharmaceuticals is a fraction of what the body can withstand.. also taking triple the amount has the potential to have a triple effect.. just depends on what she's taking.. you guys know nothing about drugs... christ..

Sober1128 9

UHM. Actually...it does triple the effects.

No it doesn't -.-' it comes with side effects, including death.

he said triple the MAXIMUM dosage, not 3 pills. You only go over the max dose if told so and if you're told so, it's most likely because you're in medical trouble, in which case you still need a doctor to do so, not self-dosage.

What do you call the person that barely scraped by with a passing grade and graduated lowest in their class from medical school? Doctor.

So you're saying doctors don't work hard and barely passed school?

Well thing is, both are right and wrong, under circumstances. However, if she's taking herself painkillers without an actual doctor telling her to and/or her condition doesn't require 3-times-over-the-maximum-dosage, she's most likely to either become a dentist or have a carrier in the US.

Feedmyaddiction5 14

this scares me a little bit

A lot of the people on here are just saying I hope she's not my doctor simply because OP sounds confident in her being wrong. But when you use your brain, if you take triple the advised amount, you're not going to feel the same effects as if you take the regular amount. Therefore, I'm pretty sure triple the dosage does strengthen the effects. Anyone who's ever popped pills will attest to that.

How did you explain this to her? I don't get how it can't increase the response. It may not be tripled. But it is definitely an increase.

QfiggyQ 10

What kind of painkillers are we talking about? If its your generic ibuprofen, then I'm on her side, especially if she's using them to ease menstrual cramps. But if she's popping triple oxy (or anything codeine/opiate related) you might need to be concerned.

gothmo 8

All I know is when I'm starting to get a migraine and I take one I feel nothing, but three or four and it takes the edge off.

gothmo 8

Ok yeah maximum dose is stupid, but tripling the recommended single dosage of normal painkillers does help.