By Wick - 26/05/2009 19:47 - United States

Today, I got a speeding ticket while driving to my court date for a prior speeding ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 012
You deserved it 115 345

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TurtleGenius 0

Way to learn from your mistakes. Kudos man. I bet court went well...

Maybe this time you'll learn. Probably not, though.

Comments

Roxas_fml 0

I'm pretty sure I've read an FML post like this before if not the very same thing. Regardless, sucks that this happened to you. Hopefully you'll be more careful next time and do your best avoiding any more tickets.

Speeding tickets are a large source of revenue for most towns. The speed limits aren't set by highway engineers, but by politicians. The engineers might make a recommendation, but whether that's followed depends on whatever legislative body runs the road. The way the engineers determine how fast it ought to be is by observing how fast people drive on that road. The speed limit would be the speed that 80% of drivers drive at or below. However, the politicians usually decide upon a lower value to rack up revenue from fines. Besides that, you've got towns that get downright underhanded. They'll drop the speed limit by 30-40 mph after a curve and have a cop waiting to pull over anyone who doesn't hit the brakes as soon as they see the sign. There's one town in Florida that at one point was pulling in 25% of its revenue off speeding tickets. Bottom line: most speed limits are BS. That said, you shouldn't drive any faster than is safe for conditions. It's not just a matter of whether you can control your car around turns and stay in your lane. A safe speed is one where you're able to react to the unexpected. So if there's a cow standing in the middle of the road (i.e. it was there for a while), you should be able to stop in time. If you can't, you're going too fast.

Toucan_Sam 0

Yo dawg i herd u like speeding tickets so we put a speeding ticket in yo speeding ticket so u can pay while u pay.

please slow down. the rest of us don't appreciate getting hit by speeding cars.

floodmakewaterun 0

You should probably stop speeding kid.

In regaurds to #26. Are you a dumbass? He did deserve it for speeding. They have speed limits for a reason, or are you unable to comprehend this?

Bloodrush 0

so you got caught being retarded while going to serve a court date for being previously retarded...way to go boss

lilcuti3pi389 0

You all sound stupid! OP, Its unfortunate that u got caught twice!!