By Anonymous - 26/12/2009 12:43 - Australia

Today, I got a new laptop for Christmas. The picture on the box showed a woman balancing it on one finger to show how light it was, so I tried it myself. I dropped my laptop, breaking the hard drive and putting a massive crack down the screen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 021
You deserved it 100 564

Same thing different taste

Comments

You can actually sue or something for false advertisement. At my school in one of my classes, we were talking about dumb cases and everything, and we talked about this guy suing for false advertisement and won so you can actually sue saying its false advertisement or something and hae the chance to win.

evangldbrg 0

There's a difference between false advertisement and this kind of advertisement. While the picture may be intended to show how "light" the laptop may be, I'm sure it says somewhere in the box or manual not to do something that idiotic. Plus even if it doesn't, there's a simple thing called common sense. While most people lack this trait (such as the OP), it doesn't mean they can sue a company for their own stupidity.

Yeah, if its not under warranty, I'm sure you can sue. But in my opinion, YDI, 100%. -_-;

That's not false advertising. I'm sure somebody with actual balance skills would be able to do it. If you think that's false advertising, that's like somebody getting a pogo stick and being too uncoordinated to use it properly, then suing the pogo company because the box says they can hop up and down on the pogo stick when they can't. Besides, the product is not intended to be balanced on one finger... so the fact that a person cannot do it is not a result of false advertising.

They photoshop that kind of thing, you know...

OP is in Australia, they aren't litigation crazy like Americans (I'm aussie but live in DC) OP: why would you do that considering anything electronic especially laptops are double even triple the price of what we pay in the States? stupid!

willyface 0

Dude, you're ******* dumb for doing that. You totally deserved it.

shadow_skater_fml 0

you idiot! you should know that the picture was probably photocopied and you actually thought it worked! (BTW im using my laptop which i got for Christmas last year and it is still here because i didn't try to balance it on one finger.)