By Anonymous - 15/09/2012 11:36 - United States - Hockessin

Today, I got a mosquito bite inside my cast. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 501
You deserved it 2 373

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Props for typing one of the shortest FML!!

BunchieRules 31

Those mosquitos don't give up, do they? I've had them inside my clothes, but a cast? FYL, OP.

Comments

A mosquito got inside his cast, that's how. It's possible. It's just impossible to scratch.

starman02 12

Unless you have a wooden spoon or something like that. Worked for me when I had my cast's.

Zoh_Aubrey 8

Mosquitos are relentless little air ninjas.

Unbend a metal coat hanger and get in there. I feel for you op; when I broke my hand I idiotically decided I would cut it off early because of the irritation. Keep it dry and don't let anyone catch you smelling it!

BeforeItWasCool 12

21- Bad advice! You're not supposed to put anything in your cast. I broke my leg a few months ago and made the same mistake, cut the skin and it developed an infection. Skin hidden beneath a cast becomes really sensitive and this means scratching it is more likely to cut the skin, and what with the cast covering the wound, it's untreatable without having to go back to hospital for the cast to be removed, and wound treated. If you don't do this infection often sets in. It's generally a bad idea to put anything in your cast, it could get stuck etc. If I were OP, I'd just put a hairdryer on cold setting and blow it down the cast, hopefully should stop the itching.

something like when one bites me it spreads all over that area. it doesn't look like the usual bump.

@2Smile4Life - You may be having an allergic reaction to the mosquito bite. It happens to me nearly every time I get bitten. However, it is not a serious condition.

OP, I agree with 25. Just try to take a nap if it gets really itchy. Or drip some rubbing alcohol on it to relieve it for a moment then add lotion & relax maybe take a nap. But don't scratch.

ruabadfishtoo 0

I see what u did there. Lol I loved that movie: My Big Fat Greek Wedding in case somebody doesn't know

You have to be like me; I don't feel bites anymore because I've been button 18118 times. AND I TOOK IT LIKE A BOSS.

BunchieRules 31

Those mosquitos don't give up, do they? I've had them inside my clothes, but a cast? FYL, OP.

Damn that sucks OP. at least when your cast rubs its like scratching it kind of.

Fork= best friend ever... Chopsticks aren't to bad either.

Well, I somehow managed to read "cast" as "chest." Makes much more sense now...

Try forgetting about it, then it won't itch. At least in my experience that's how it goes.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Forgetting about it would be so hard. I remember when I had a broken wrist I had to buy a small metal rod just to satisfy my itch. I can't image what it'd be like to have mosquito bite under that damned cast. Fyl for sure.

I dont forget, I itch it then it bleeds then i put bandaids on lol

3- I love your picture :) And yes, the more you think about it, the more it's going to itch.

fromthesuck 8

50- it's underneath a cast. Scratching that itch on accident isn't really a concern

CookieKidrauhl 0

Or maybe use a small straw. When I broke my arm and had an itch, I used a small juice box straw to lightly scratch it. It worked well.

Props for typing one of the shortest FML!!

BunchieRules 31

The shortest ones are some of the funniest. Here's my favorite: "Today, I watched Gigli. FML".

p3mguin 7

"today, I woke up, and it was Monday" only FML I actually laughed at that was short.

Or, "Today, I almost got kidnapped. Again. FML"

Bonzer 2

Or "Today, I got bored looking at ****. FML"

"Today, I was woken up by my own fart. FML"

"Today, Michael Jackson died. FML" i think it was taken off the site though. :(

Colonel_Lexi 18

5-"Today, I shat a magnet.FML."

"Today I found out I like the giants FML" I think that's how it went... Or maybe it was "today I listened to a Justin Bieber song FML"

At least you can't itch it, itching only makes it worse

eternal7 6

I'm sure it already itches. Scratching it may make it worse though.

64. Oh you make such a good point, I'm too blonde for this

Unbend a coat hanger, stick it down your cast and scratch? :) And if that doesn't work then take your mind off of it:D Good luck OP!

..and then get an infection and be featured on 1000 ways to die. BAD IDEA!

SpaceCadet87 0

Infection how? It's not like she said use a RUSTY hangar.

Kefka91 15

83 - 'cause rust is the only thing to cause infection and not anything like bacteria, right?

PandaSpots 10

Because you don't clean that area, you'll have a whole bunch of dead skin trying to come up which looks like a rash. My friend had a cast once and her arm was itching, do she used a wire hanger. When she took off her cast, her arm looks red, blotchy, and disgusting.

I kept trying to tap this FML but I kept going on to the one below!! :)

I kept trying to not call you a moron. But I kept typing and here it is, moron. FYL

I did the same #8. I have big fingers what can I say?

KiddNYC1O 20

Then click on the one below, since you love it so much, and hit the up arrow!

How? I thought if you get bit and don't touch it, it won't itch...

Psych101 9

No, I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the mosquito usually injects something that causes the bite not to itch. However, it is often interrupted before it actually injects the substance.

Slender_Man 6

It's the mosquito's saliva that makes it itch

FMLshark 12

Have you never been bitten by any kind of bug before?

Well you, my friend, have obviously never gotten bitten by a mosquito. I think you should get outside more.

SeedlessMe 13

You're def not entirely wrong, Psych. but I hope you don't mind me enlightening you anyway :) The mosquito injects a substance into our skin to numb it, so we don't feel them sucking our blood. When that wears off, it starts to itch because our body is rejecting it. (basically a low-grade allergic reaction) Yeah, I research my enemies... Those little ******* love me :[

The mosquito sticks it's nose/mouth in your skin, then she injects it's saliva so you don't feel her, but usually people feel the prick of her nose or see her, and then shoo her away/ slap her, so she doesn't get the chance to take her saliva out. Which is what causes the itch. The reason I keep saying her is because all mosquitos that suck blood are female, the males do not suck blood they are herbivores.

Sucks to be u OP! (get it? Mosquitos SUCK ur blood)

BunchieRules 31

A better choice would have been, "That bites". Either way, they're still both bad puns.

PhishloverA 14

#22 "That bites" is a good pun for this situation

alexhaz64 4

I bet you'd rather break your arm again than deal with that mosquito bite... That is awful!

Yeah no. You obviously don't know what it feels like to break your arm. Where does it say OP broke their arm anyway?

When I broke my arm, it didn't hurt. But that's because it hurt so much my body went in shock.

I forgot to add: when I broke it, I heard a crack but felt nothing. I said nothing till someone looked at my arm and screamed cause it was deformed.