By Regina - 03/07/2009 06:19 - United States

Today, I got a job selling knives. I had training for 11 hours. At the end of the training session, the instructor promptly informed everyone that they had to pay $145 for a set of demo knives. I paid the $145. I went home and learned that it was a scam. I went back for a refund. They said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 417
You deserved it 55 550

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Haha lol that sucks...let me guess it was that student for part time work where you can get like $15/appointment lol Yeah I've seen that before too and I almost went untill I googled it haha

Comments

pink_girly11 0

unfortunately, those lawsuits aren't really going to go far.. it sucks that people get sucked in so much.. but it really is their own fault. the court costs and lawyer fees alone will be more then they will ever get from vector, if they even get anything at all. trust me, a friend of mine tried to sue. it got them no where.

HeyyTonie 0

Vector FTL. That really does suck, I almost got sucked into that.

no it was like 15 or 12.75 and hr or well appointment. do u live in vegas to cuz i sat during that loong ass traning not getting paid n then they told us we had to pay..i was like hell no i didnt go bak to the last day

yea gay as vector selling cutco it looks cool bcuz they can cut a damn penny..not gettin my damn 145

Its only a scam for the people who are expecting to make good money by sitting in their asses and doing nothing. If you have the intiative to go out and make appoinments and get the sales you can make a ton of money off of it. I work there just as a part time job (because I can make my own hours) and I made 100$ in an hour. For those of you who "googled it" and think you know what its all about, don't knock it till you try it. Its hard work but it pays off big time in the end. I own a full set of the knives, and I won them all through contests with the company. My set is worth over 1000$ and I have the option to seel it if I want to. Its like getting a 1000$ bonus on top of your paycheck.

Its a scam because they deceive ignorant people into thinking its a legitimate job. Just because you "could" make money doesn't make it any less deceptive. I don't think you understand what a scam is. Your probably one of the same people who interrupted my StarCraft game play with spam about alladavantage.com.

How about I give you rocks to sell for $1000 each. I'll only charge you $500 per rock. In fact, if you do a good job I'll give you a yearly bonus of 3 rocks......THATS $3000!!! Meet your logic.

its like buying a uniform for your other jobs, or buying a suit to work in an office.

That's NOT EVEN CLOSE to the same thing. First of all, having CPR is a Bona Fide Occupation Requirement since you are responsible for the safety of others. That aside, If you get CPR, you can use it for ANY POSITION AT ANY POOL. The pools aren't profiting from requiring you have a certification. Summary: VECTOR: Profits, Forces Company Products are purchased, Non transferable products OTHER (CPR, Suit, etc.): Does not profit, Non-company products are purchased, Transferable Products If you cant see the difference you are retarded. It's black and white. Hence more proof, VECTOR=SCAM

FALSE. Are you honestly telling me the only way to control employee behaviors is by forcing them to but your product beforehand? They are YOUR EMPLOYEES. You know where they live and PAY YOU, if people don't return company property normal jobs just deduct it off your paycheque. The problem is VECTOR DOESN'T PAY YOU ANY MONEY so they can't do this. The knives are shit anyway. VECTOR = SCAM. Don't let these asshole fool you with their pyramid scam!

hossgray 0

I would have to say ydi. Grow a set go back and don't leave until you have your money!!!!!

Well, at least now you have something to stab them with.

and the sales kit is 99$, not 300$. Don't exaggerate now poeople.

gsm_fml 0

While it's true that some people may earn decent money selling the knives, those tend to be the exceptions. The reality is that Vector is making money off the students who pay for the knife kit. That's why it is a scam. The scam is not based on the quality of the knives. It is based on the fact that the student gets lured in by hearing how you could make lots of $$$ by "direct marketing", and that they have to pay $145 up front with no guarantee that they will make that money back. It is promising something that it can't possibly deliver. My daughter almost got sucked into it until we Googled the company and figured out how unrealistic a job it is.

You are a liar. You are nothing but a vector rep defending the scam so you can try and steal more people's money. VECTOR = SCAM!!!