By Kelly - 27/12/2009 04:44 - United States

Today, I gave my boyfriend a box of chocolates as a present. A few hours later, he texted me saying that the box of chocolates contained nuts. He's allergic to nuts and his mother now thinks I'm trying to kill him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 624
You deserved it 11 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well in all fairness that is something you should know about your boyfriend....

Billy Mays here! Parent judging you? Get the CHAINSAW! OHSHI-

Comments

OnTheSaneSide 0

OP lives in California, not America

CheshireHalli 19

Yeah, this is something you should know about your boyfriend and is aware of when you try to buy him presents. :P You deserved it for not being attentive.

MURDERER..... I bet it was those ferrero rocher chocolates I ate like 20 already

Did you know about his allergy? I know on a personal basis how deadly nut allergies can be but if it was an honest mistake or you didn't know about the allergy yet then his mother is overreacting. Just be more careful next time. Even items produced in the same facilities that handle nuts can be dangerous to people with nut allergies.

Okay, either that was an epic Troll fail, or OnTheSaneSide is a total moron.

To be fair, the first topic in a relationship isn't normally allergies. I didn't know my boyfriend was allergic to pollen and dust until the third year of our relationship. I just figured he got sick a lot (which really did happen).

A pollen and dust allergy is very different than a nut allergy. A nut allergy is life threatening. My brother is allergic to nuts and has to ask at every restaurant we go to if there are nuts in the food. He also makes sure all of his friends know which pocket he keeps his Epipen in just in case. A nut allergy is much more likely to come up than a pollen allergy.

His mom does not think you are trying to kill him. You are taking a joke she made out of context to support your FML.