By Becca_Jo - 06/01/2016 04:19 - United States - Caledonia

Today, I found out that the only reason my "friend" comes over to my apartment is so that she can charge her phone using my electricity, because she's too cheap to use her own. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 052
You deserved it 1 654

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is the cost of electricity to power a phone really that significant?

If I were you, I'd say something. They don't sound like a very good friend and you should be treated better.

Comments

Is the cost of electricity to power a phone really that significant?

gemstone586 12

No. OP's friend is cheap, stupid, and not a real friend.

It probably costs her more in gas to drive over than to pay for her own phone charge.

Its proportional to the usage of phone!!

Based on average USA prices, it costs $1.75 a year to charge an iPhone fully once a day

Thanks! This makes me feel better for being someone who does charge theirs daily.

If I were you, I'd say something. They don't sound like a very good friend and you should be treated better.

tell her she's not allowed to use it anymore but it's okay, she doesn't need a fully charged phone to talk to all the friends she doesn't have since she's clearly a bad friend

in 1 year a phone charger uses less than 3 euros on energy... she is really cheap

That 3 euros is a months worth of ramen. :D

The amount of energy it takes to charge a phone is way less than the energy expended to get up, leave her house, either drive, or walk to your house, and then home... This seems like a really bad use of time.

And money, considering the gas alone to drive there and back is going to be more than she saved on any given day. Really it's sad. If it's true that charging her phone to save money is the sole purpose of visiting, then it's not even working. It's just a drain on everyone's time and money.

Guess you just got rid of someone that you don't need in your life.

She just wants a reason to get into your pants

Whenever they ask keep telling them you're not home. That way they'll have to use their own electricity.

I think you should "charge" her. No? Ok i'm gunna go.