By Anonymous - 03/02/2016 15:29 - Australia - Hove

Today, my mum had no legitimate reason to have her daily yell at me, so she resorted to bitching me out for putting her phone on charge after it started beeping with a low battery warning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 273
You deserved it 1 476

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people just need to bitch to feel in a position of power.

ananicosia 28

It seems you can't win with her, just don't pay attention to what she says, you will never be right in her eyes, even when trying to do good

Comments

Some people just need to bitch to feel in a position of power.

Part of me wonders if this could be a hormone issue. My mom used to have RIDICULOUS screaming fights with me and take slight over the smallest issues constantly, even if it was one of those things that no one can help, like the dryer breaking due to an old heating coil. I was the one to use it last so I must have "broken it because I don't know how to use it properly". Later, during some routine blood tests the doctor found out her thyroid was working double time, making her overtly sensitive to everything. She didn't "feel" any different, she claims, but after they gave her some medication to help solve the issue it was like a whole new mother. It's a long shot but maybe inquiring or suggestive conversation could convince her to check with a doctor over this? You never know...

I would love if I could get my mom to do that. She does that to and gets mad at the tiniest of things. My dad secretly told me she has bipolar but doesn't take pill because she doesn't like what it does to her. I know that's why she gets so mad so quick but I wish she'd just take her pills.

It could also be something like Borderline Personality Disorder, but that's really hard to diagnose and treat. My mom has it and acted just like this. I used to feel relieved after she finished screaming at me because I knew it was over for the day. Waiting for the random anger was worse

as someone who has bipolar, yes the pills do suck. it took me ( no joke) eleven different medications to find me something that worked and keeps working. it's all trial and error. many made me feel horrible, one I slept for 2 days straight, headaches etc and so on. Sooo no, that one might not be the one for her. talk to her bc there are many out there to try.

My mom also yelled at us, me and bro , for small things but I think it's because she actually never enforced her rules and after a certain point we just stopped caring about rules because she wouldn't do anything. I believe that it's because she doesn't have actual power and all she can do is yell and scream. By time I was 15 I fully understood that she wouldn't actually do anything so I started acting like a shit on purpose as if it was me punishment for not having a backbone to make us do anything. She would yell at me, yell at me louder, insult me, yell, act like she'll slap me (but never actually do it), insult me and my pa, than just do whatever she was yelling at me to do. By my senior year I stopped acting like a shit bag.

NehNehPwn 20

My mom does the same thing and it is extremely annoying. I just don't go near her anymore.

marchbunny 6

This is the reason why parents can't get angry when you leave them. If you are gonna want to bitch about every single little thing, no one wants to be around you

ananicosia 28

It seems you can't win with her, just don't pay attention to what she says, you will never be right in her eyes, even when trying to do good

Exactly. She probably would have yelled at OP just as much for NOT plugging the phone into the charger.

From personal experience, I'd say be careful about doing that. My mum's then-partner would bitch me out for everything under the sun. The one time I ignored her, she pushed me off a chair, and my head wound up centimetres from a sharp corner on a wooden chest. So be careful with doing that, OP

I feel its a natural mom thing to yell at people

Even if it were a 'natural mom thing' to yell at people, that doesn't make it right, or healthy for anyone involved. If anything, it's unnatural to feel compelled to yell at someone everyday, regardless of the logic used to justify it.

tantanpanda 26

How dare you charge her phone! Bad children must be punished!

If she was trying to completely flatten the battery - Did you explain how lithium ion battery tech works? I'm sure she'll understand.

As someone who lives in a similar situation and has tried that before, it only escalates things for the next few days and reminds you how pointless resisting is.

SpartyOnWayne 18

You can't be around negative people and expect to live a positive life. It sounds like she tries to find any excuse to be pissy. Sometimes it's better to not take the things they say to heart and love those kinds of people from afar

HookemHorns21 7

Dang you must have been raised terribly to help out when you saw something wrong