By llord - 24/08/2011 02:29 - United States

Today, I found out that my engagement ring was actually my husband's ex-fiancée's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 633
You deserved it 3 942

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tbh I dont see a problem. Clearly that ring was quite expensive so there was no point losing all that cash just to go buy another expensive ring. Plus he must really like it to give it to you and actually marry you.

Pretty_Pink_Lady 10

Comments

Atleast you have something she doesn't; him.

Reduce! Reuse!! Recycle!!! Does he own a prius?

RockstarRN 10

I think you should trade up the ring and make him foot the bill!

So, in other words, you're saying that (if he preferred the ring he bought, which is likely) he should pawn it, get a small percentage of the money he spent on it back, and buy the exact same ring and spend unnecessary amounts of extra money? Not very economical, is it? I think people these days are overlooking the principle of an engagement ring. Think outside your minuscule confines. Besides, if you did something like this, you'd only make things worse, no?

You and Op need to realize there are things more important in life than objects. Love being one of them.

wildmanforever 0

I think rings are overrated. I mean come on. do you really need something superficial to show that he loves you. I think not. a husband is not only your lover but your friend that commitment to eachother should be enough.

BIEBERSLAYER 10

That's the worst sloppy seconds ever

Why? I honestly don't see what the problem is.

JiffyMix88 8

If you love him and feel like you're the luckiest girl in the world you should look at it like this, at least you're the one wearing the ring and not her or else you wouldn't be marrying the man you love. Look at it as her loss.

Hey... Maybe he's just replacing her with you... Or he should have kept his mouth shut and not have told you nothing... You did say yes after all... Why ruin a good thing...

My question is... ...How did you find out?

thisgirl2u 9

Some men are idiotic when it comes to things like this. They don't see it the way we do, meaning your "possible" future husband can only see that he loves you NOW and that he wants to give you this ring to show his love. Never mind the fact that he apparently wanted to share this SAME ring with another as a symbol of his love. OR your future "possible" husband to be might not be an ignorant hopeless romantic but instead he might possibly be just a cheap asshole. Either way FYL op :((

What is all this nonsense about the "possible" future husband?

oknenah 0

It could be his grandmothers ring that hold great significance to him. Would it be better to have that or some other ring that is half the price from a trade in?

thisgirl2u 9

This "nonsense" has everything to do with the fact that OP may be vain enough to call off the "wedding" over a second hand engagement ring and the other part is that nothing is EVER for certain.

crystalou_fml 3

I think what chellex is referring to is the fact that in the FML, OP says it was her HUSBAND'S ex-fiance's ring. No "possible" future husband. They are already married.

Op should not be so critical and accept the ring, it's just a piece of metal that shows she is taken by a man that loves her, nothing more and nothing less.

^exactly what he said, did you nit catch the part about "...my husbands exfiance's"

thisgirl2u 9

Drinking + late night reading of FML = Misreading post's and following up with comments that don't make sense. I can clearly see that OP is currently married, last night I was not able to read this. o.O Either way, I still think that her husband should not have used the very same ring he had picked out for a previous woman. I understand the ring could have been passed down the family line, but I don't believe this is the case.

#54 then it wouldn't be the ex fiancee's ring. it would be a family heirloom. completely different.