By llord - 24/08/2011 02:29 - United States

Today, I found out that my engagement ring was actually my husband's ex-fiancée's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 634
You deserved it 3 943

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tbh I dont see a problem. Clearly that ring was quite expensive so there was no point losing all that cash just to go buy another expensive ring. Plus he must really like it to give it to you and actually marry you.

Pretty_Pink_Lady 10

Comments

This thread has the largest concentration of gold diggers I've ever seen in my life. You're getting a several thousand dollar ring, FOR FREE, and you're going to complain about it? What did YOU buy your HUSBAND when you got married? That's right, absolutely nothing. Did HE complain about it? Attention, women: Having a ****** does not entitle you to whatever free stuff you want. Get over yourselves. If you want to be equal to men, start acting like it, and stop pretending you can have it both ways.

there's nothing wrong with that if he never gave it to her, but if she wore it and then gave it back then it comes with all these memories and feelings and heartbreak. so even if the girl wouldn't care, I'm sure the guy would be reminded of the previous engagement and girls don't want none of that...

bubo_fml 10
xxxheidichickxxx 0

I mean, I guess it's not that bad. He chose a ring to symbolize love and it's now for you. Kind of like a generational ring idea.

dave04045 1

why the **** should he buy you another 2 grand ring because you don't like it? if you measure love by whats on your finger, you don't deserve to get married

I agree with 8. OP, your being upset is the result of being jealous of a girl who is out of his life, or at least out of his heart. The ring is yours now, and you are the one he picked in the end. It's pretty naive to think that you've been the only girl in his life so far. This last girl wasn't good enough, or wasn't right for him, which is why they never got married. You are a different story. You have been married. Don't let your materialism and jealousy destroy the meaning behind the tradition (which is obsolete now, since you're no longer engaged).

What is so bad about that? The intended recipient of some expensive jewelry didn't want it, so he wisely kept it for someone who did. Seems like a keeper.

Did his ex wife crash your engagement party ;)