By Anonymous - 11/12/2018 22:00

Today I saw a picture of my ex giving her new boyfriend an extremely familiar ring. Upon zooming in, I realized that it was the engagement ring i gave her that she claimed to have had stolen from her home... FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 748
You deserved it 179

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your ex-girlfriend gave her new boyfriend the engagement ring you gave her? Bit unusual if it had a stone of some sort on it. If you kept the receipt, you should confront them, and get it back.

Now phone the police and report it stolen, show them the picture, get her arrested for theft and him for possession of stolen property :D really stick it to em

Comments

Your ex-girlfriend gave her new boyfriend the engagement ring you gave her? Bit unusual if it had a stone of some sort on it. If you kept the receipt, you should confront them, and get it back.

ninjaaudrey 4

What's confusing about this? OPs ex fiancé gave her new fiancé OPs old engagement ring. OPs ex fiancé lied about the ring being stolen so that she didn't have to give it back to OP.

But why pray tell would she give an womans engagement ring to her current boyfriend?

The confusing part is engagement rings are typically made for women. You don’t see men walking around sporting diamonds on their fingers.

tounces7 27

He can fit a woman's ring onto his fingers? What is her new boyfriend Trump or something?

Now phone the police and report it stolen, show them the picture, get her arrested for theft and him for possession of stolen property :D really stick it to em

The explanation is so obvious: the new boyfriend is the one who stole the ring from your ex’s home, and she tracked him down, and when she confronted him, they fell in love. I’m sure this is the plot of some Sandra Bullock/Owen Wilson romcom.

so? it was a gift to her; she can do whatever she wants with it. you'll find someone else deserving of a ring- hopefully.

bl3ur0z3 17

It's a conditional gift and three have been cases ruled in court determining that the ring belongs to her only if she marries him, which she didn't.

tounces7 27

In most states, the engagement ring would be legally required to be returned, along with anything else she received in anticipation of marriage. It's great that the legal system actually does work fairly sometimes.

A gift? No. It's not a gift. Men don't give women rings as gifts and ask them to marry them, they give the ring as symbol and ask their hand in marriage. If no marriage happens, ring goes back. Simple as that. I really have to wonder how many "gifts" you didn't return or if you're OP's ex.

The_candyman 13

Call the cops and tell them the ring was stolen. but call the cops in the new boyfriend not the ex. he will figure it out and tell her later.

If you are 100% sure it is yours, call the police.

I'm so confused by this. Why would she give her new boyfriend a womans engagement ring?