By allergic - 21/10/2010 03:12 - France

Today, I found out that I have a gluten allergy. What this basically means is that I can't eat anything with wheat in it; bread, pasta, cake, you name it. I am Italian, this basically limits me from eating any of the awesome food my family makes almost every night. Here I come plain rice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 731
You deserved it 3 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are gluten free flours out there -not at good as the real thing but still work-able. it's awful at first but eventually you learn to adapt and barely even notice the difference.

I've got that too ;( Believe me that sucks!

Comments

Oh my sisters have that and my mom would find all these gluten free food. Some of the store bought food was good, but what my mom made was HORRIBLE (she's a really bad cook though)

Dude, I know what you are going through. I have had Celiac Disease for 16 years. On top of that I am lactose intolerant and I have UC. I would try Udi's bread. Trust me when I say this, it does get easier.

Definitely! I have celiac too, so I know what it is like. The hannaford stores where I am are great at carrying gluten free bread, pasta, cakes, pretzels and all kinds of other things! You just have to find a place with gluten free food and shop there!

I'm Italian too! My sister has that it's like celiac disease or something. I feel for you:(

beautycat246 7

I have that too! I have had it for about 4 years now. You get used to it, but you still find yourself missing a lot!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Coeliacs disease.

You can get Gluten-free products (bread, pasta, pizza bases etc.) and they're not very nice but they're better than nothing

Sometimes it just takes a while to get used to the taste too.

There's lots of gluten free products of all those things, just hopefully they taste as good as the real thing.