By sharpie2792 - 15/02/2012 19:26 - United States

Today, I fought back with words against a bully. He cried, and I got detention. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 092
You deserved it 2 956

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fyl, that's school systems for you, next time you know to let your fists do the talking

Bullies are the real cowards. Thumbs up to you for standing up for yourself!

Comments

missalice0306 19

At least he'll leave you alone now :)

TheyCallMeDamien 17

In the end totally worth it. You won't really remember this detention but you will remember the tears of your enemy.

I really hate schools' approach to bullying or fighting. If a kid is getting beaten up and he throws one punch, hell, even if he doesn't but the bully bruises their knuckles on the poor kid, the school will suspend them. Instead of actually trying to resolve the issue or help the victim they just suspend everyone who involved. They can't even verbally defend themselves now without getting suspended. Great way to keep otherwise good kids out of trouble, just make it hard for them to get their lessons or work, make their collage applications look worse, and build a feels of resentment toward authority figures who are supposed to look out for them. We all know how well that ends. I say, if they're not guilty legally, don't kick them out. Whatever happened to the spirit of "Don't ever start a fight, but always be the one to end it" ?

KatherineJ 0

I feel you, my elementary school principal did something similar and I am still being bullied even though I am now in almost 8th grade, superior to my classmates, and the event I am bullied for happened 4 years ago. I give you all my hugs and loves. I hope your principal relizes the mistake soon. Ps, have an adult talk about it with teachers.

The real FML is him! This goes to show that some people are smart enough to fight back with words instead of fists! You should damn proud of yourself!

I would just flat-out refuse to go. I'd rack up more detention, probably, maybe even get suspended. But I would refuse to be punished for something of that sort and I would get anyone involved that I had to to fight it with me.

Hopefully the kid will leave you alone. Sry you got a detention out of this but didn't it feel good to stand your ground?

hateevryone 14

you might've got detention, but at least the bully will know you won't take his crap anymore.