By sharpie2792 - 15/02/2012 19:26 - United States

Today, I fought back with words against a bully. He cried, and I got detention. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 092
You deserved it 2 956

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fyl, that's school systems for you, next time you know to let your fists do the talking

Bullies are the real cowards. Thumbs up to you for standing up for yourself!

Comments

Kudos on fending off that ass-wipe. Screw the "Educational system" of the States, it's pretty much broken.

...as in, the pen is mightier than the sword. Words are stronger than actions. Except I went all Sean Connery on you.

At first I thought you actually meant "penis" before I got the "pen is mightier" analogy. I didn't detect a "Sean Connery" until you told me. I feel stupid...

THE_A_TEEN, it's " DAFUQ?!". And yeah, Doc, good one. Good one.

aisthecoolest 8

I ******* hate school they are dicks and need to shut up about bullying bacause this is what happens

aisthecoolest 8

They get mad at you for standing up. They can go to hell

I hate school but not for the reason you said cause where I go it isn't a problem

aisthecoolest 8

That's good that there isn't a problem there but I have gotten suspensions because I was getting beat on and I fought back

McNerdyNerd 8

I agree, either teachers turn their heads and act like nothing ever happened, because they are afraid of the bullies themselves, or else they never want to listen to you when you tell someone because it causes more drama than they are prepared to handle. Just do what is right to you...most teachers don't care about students unfortunately.

It's not always black and white though. If it were, I doubt bullying would be such an issue. For instance, in my experience, I was in trouble for 'bullying' a student who was not actually a victim. He was involved in our play fighting - as kids do - and then when he got hurt it turned into 'downtime beat me up'. Wait, what? The kid got punched in the arm, playfully, not bashed. It was a result of trying to include him in the childish nonsense we called fun, since he was awkwardly hanging around our group all the time. To a teacher, that may be perceived as bullying, to the child it isn't. Do you think I learnt anything from being suspended for this? Of course, I learnt that this kid is an asshole and I wasn't about to be punished for something I didn't do.

Hey at least he cried. And detention isn't the end of the world. You showed him what's up. And badasses sometimes catch shit for being badasses.

while i think that is awesome sticking up for yourself OP fyl for getting in trouble :/

MatthewDmerrill 5

Don't do the detention make them know it was his fault!

That type of thing happened at my school before. This one kid bounced a ball and it accidentally hit another kid. The kid that bounced the ball apologized and was sincere with his apology, but he got suspended for accidentally bouncing the ball in the other kid's direction. Anyway, FYL OP. Kudos on standing up to the bully though ^.^