By sharpie2792 - 15/02/2012 19:26 - United States

Today, I fought back with words against a bully. He cried, and I got detention. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 092
You deserved it 2 956

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fyl, that's school systems for you, next time you know to let your fists do the talking

Bullies are the real cowards. Thumbs up to you for standing up for yourself!

Comments

RedCamaro10 0

You did the right thing, bullies deserve it.

You can't win without cost. Pretty sure the juice was worth the squeeze.

So? At least u had the balls to satnd up to him

That's pretty damn awesome, except for the whole detention part.

Totally worth it! The school system isn't fair. So much for trying to stop bullying! Way to go for you, you stick up for yourself.

Hitting back works as well. If you get the first punch in when they aren't expecting it you can break their nose. They might win the fight and beat the crap out of you, but you can be sure they won't touch you again after that.

Not surprising. Despite all the buzz about bullying and all the 'new information' and all the anti-bullying policies schools profess to follow, most teachers and administrators still side with the bullies. They think being bullied is a self-inflicted wound and the bullies are the 'normal' kids trying to force the freaks to fall in line. Besides, it's easier to give a detention to the good kid than it is to take on the bully yourself. Now the asshole who gave the OP the detention can say, "I stopped it! I gave that kid a detention for making another kid cry" when he or she knows in their heart that they punished the victim and the real bully got off scot-free once again.

sportsnut44 3

Detention for making a bully cry...definitely worth it.

That's the failure of the teachers union. All staff involved should have been fired.