By gonebabygone - 27/08/2009 06:58 - United States

Today, I discovered that my parents rooted through our house looking for junk to sell at a garage sale. They sold all of my books from my bookshelf. When I freaked, out my mom said 'well you never read them'. There was about $300 hidden between the pages of those books. They made $60. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 207
You deserved it 9 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

$60 will cover a shovel, duct tape, a large knife, and some trash bags... all with enough left over to go out and have a couple beers.

How could someone possibly deserve this? Despite your opinion on how to store your money, her mother had no right to root through a house that didn't belong to her and take items without permission. File a police report for burglary. This is flat out theft.

Comments

redcherries90 0

this is why you don't give your parents a key to your house. if i didn't keep my parents away from my house, then it would be empty. and i agree with #62. ever heard of a bank? guess not.....

Then your parents owe you $360. You owned the books, and you owned the money. They are legally accountable.

THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND!!!

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! You win my heart for the day.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! You win my heart for the day.

There's always money in the banana stand!

Ligerie 0

if my parents had sold my books when i was a teenager, i would have freaking killed them. my books are more precious to me than any amount of money, and even if the OP didn't read them, they could still have had sentimental value. Why are there so many fmls now about asshole parents?

stlcards220 4

because many parents act like assholes at some point in thier kids life

So your parents sold your books for personal profit? What the hell? I hope at the very least they gave you the $60 back.

MiseryAlice 0

Make your parents give you $300. They deserve it for selling your stuff.

thatpianoguy612 0

"THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY... IN THE BANANA STAND!!!" Anyone else reminded thoroughly of this?