By gonebabygone - 27/08/2009 06:58 - United States

Today, I discovered that my parents rooted through our house looking for junk to sell at a garage sale. They sold all of my books from my bookshelf. When I freaked, out my mom said 'well you never read them'. There was about $300 hidden between the pages of those books. They made $60. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 207
You deserved it 9 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

$60 will cover a shovel, duct tape, a large knife, and some trash bags... all with enough left over to go out and have a couple beers.

How could someone possibly deserve this? Despite your opinion on how to store your money, her mother had no right to root through a house that didn't belong to her and take items without permission. File a police report for burglary. This is flat out theft.

Comments

At least it wasn't your stash of weed. But it probably was your weed money.

jeremymg91 0

What brought that into this? Is that all people think about these days?

Oftentimes, people hollow out a book to stash drugs. Weed sounds cuter than drugs. I've never touched the stuff in my life.

I think that's true for occasional smokers. Anyone that does real drugs keeps their shit on them at all times.

OMGitsKaleyxo 0

just go make another $300. at least it wasnt like $3,000 or u'd be screwed.

tykoala 0

As a college student, I can understand why this is a huge issue. $300 is a lot of money. I'm working a job at minimum wage and am trying to save for a Study Abroad program next summer. I would be very, very upset if I lost 300 bucks.

djb23 0

I do the same thing. nowadays theres really no reason to keep money in a savings account since the interest rates are close to zero and whatever youd make isnt worth not havng that easy access to your cash. also if your parents have accss to it like intoxicunt said and you dont want them to see what youre spending it on, its easier to keep it at home. either way youre moms a bitch if she doesnt give you that money back.

What city do you live in!? I need to go find whoever just bought that stuff from your parents and see if they've discovered the money yet. If not, I'll pay them double for it.

screwtaylor 0

It's easy to go make another $300. Just go work at a strip club somewhere in Texas, and pray to god Plexico happens to be there. :P

That really made me LOL. Arizona isn't too far from Texas. She could hitchhike. Plexico, get out your wallet!

I require a strip club that is adjacent to a bakery.

Nah, just suck on the strippers' rolls. Lame pun. Besides, they'll bring you wings and beer. But if there's a big business for strip-joints and bakeries, I may open such a combo and expand nationwide.

You could have said that I should have licked the strippers' poles because there would certainly be a residue of yeast.

Aww, fyl. And I don't think your parents will believe you when you tell them about the money you hid and ask for it back. They'll probably think you're making it up cause you need/want $300. So fyl again. Which makes it a double fml. But we can make it a triple fml just for you, OP!

you think it would common sense for them to ask you about your stuff first. How would they know what some old book means to you. They don't. YKDI for stashing it in books.

primogen18 0

how can anyone click YDI? He hid HIS money, in HIS room, in some of HIS stuff, how could he possibly know anyone would go rummaging through his stuff like that? "ok kids, lock up all of your valuables in a safe or somewhere outside of the house, garage sale day is coming and anything in the house is fair game, no matter whose it is or where it is. Btw, drop the safe somewhere at the bottom of a river or something, because if that's in the house, it might get sold too". Sucks for you OP, when you move out, don't give your parents a spare key to your apartment. I think that should be a given, but it seems to be a problem for some on FML...

YDI for posting about losing a few bucks. Harden the **** up.

joethebiden 8

That's what banks are for. YDI.