By gonebabygone - 27/08/2009 06:58 - United States

Today, I discovered that my parents rooted through our house looking for junk to sell at a garage sale. They sold all of my books from my bookshelf. When I freaked, out my mom said 'well you never read them'. There was about $300 hidden between the pages of those books. They made $60. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 207
You deserved it 9 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

$60 will cover a shovel, duct tape, a large knife, and some trash bags... all with enough left over to go out and have a couple beers.

How could someone possibly deserve this? Despite your opinion on how to store your money, her mother had no right to root through a house that didn't belong to her and take items without permission. File a police report for burglary. This is flat out theft.

Comments

Hide something valuable of theirs and tell them you pawned it for 20 bucks. Tell them they never used it.

first useful comment i've seen on here. does your family have a pet? or possibly another child? if so.....take them hostage until you get your money back!

DeathMetal666 0

Seriously, even if there were no $ hidden, what parents do that? That's just heartless.

triplethreat13 0

it's called a safe. try it sometime.

Essentials 0

ydi. your parent cannot blame for this.

i_is_a_tr00l 0

By, "Money" do you mean ****? Your 300 dollars spent on ****?

Jennydew 0

Looks like your parents still owe you $240...

even if op is "too young" to have a personal account (no one is). there are better places to hide money than a bunch of books. YDI for having a shorty hiding spot.

I'm 17 and my mom has to be on mine with me. She can withdraw ALL of it if she wants. If the OP's parents are that selfish, they would just skip the rummaging and take from the account.