By gonebabygone - 27/08/2009 06:58 - United States

Today, I discovered that my parents rooted through our house looking for junk to sell at a garage sale. They sold all of my books from my bookshelf. When I freaked, out my mom said 'well you never read them'. There was about $300 hidden between the pages of those books. They made $60. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 207
You deserved it 9 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

$60 will cover a shovel, duct tape, a large knife, and some trash bags... all with enough left over to go out and have a couple beers.

How could someone possibly deserve this? Despite your opinion on how to store your money, her mother had no right to root through a house that didn't belong to her and take items without permission. File a police report for burglary. This is flat out theft.

Comments

Sadae 0

I'm sorry but your parents are dumb asses if they didn't even try to ask you. I hate parents who snoop through shit then has the nerve to act all innocent when they did something wrong.

it's called a bank idiot. who hides money in books and beds and shit. tax evader that's who

Your parents are jerks for just selling your stuff without even asking, but I voted YDI because you're very stupid to hide your money in books like a little kid saving up for a bike or something. Anyone who is older than 10 should know enough to put their money in the bank.

What the **** is wrong with your parents? You sorta deserve to lose the money for where you hid it, but what the ******* **** is wrong with those wastes of life that they sold all of your books because you "don't read them"? Your parents must be deeply ignorant people. Sabotage their car (just a little bit, so you won't get caught!), wait for the inevitable accident, and collect the life insurance money. Either that, or photoshop some stuff up to make it look like one of them is cheating on the other. Destroying their marriage will be kinda fun. :)

Bullshet 0

So why were you keeping that much money in a book? Should've tried putting it somewhere safer like a bank or a ******* wallet. YDI

alwaysalady 0

Weather it was responsible to hide your money ina book or not, its besides the point. OP's parent's should have respected her things. And I hide money in a book when I was a kid. Its not weird. Its true if you want to spend your money on something you shouldn't hand it over to your parent's to put in that child's savings account. You may never see it again. (My parents spent mine iwth the intend of paying me back. They didn't)

i understand why ur not using a bank cuz of all those gay charges, but come on! USE A WALLET!!!

wtf #101? Who carries 300 in their wallet? Do you want to be mugged?

Mrc0cksucker, some people don't like to keep 300+ fricken dollars in their wallet in case it became stolen or lost dumbass, so STFU and GTFO. And to you other people, how is it a stupid idea to put your money in books? It's not, go f*ck yourself. Hardly a percentage or criminals read books, therefor it's a decent hiding spot because no one is going to look there!!