By gonebabygone - 27/08/2009 06:58 - United States

Today, I discovered that my parents rooted through our house looking for junk to sell at a garage sale. They sold all of my books from my bookshelf. When I freaked, out my mom said 'well you never read them'. There was about $300 hidden between the pages of those books. They made $60. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 207
You deserved it 9 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

$60 will cover a shovel, duct tape, a large knife, and some trash bags... all with enough left over to go out and have a couple beers.

How could someone possibly deserve this? Despite your opinion on how to store your money, her mother had no right to root through a house that didn't belong to her and take items without permission. File a police report for burglary. This is flat out theft.

Comments

echarperouge 0

aren't you concerned yor BOOKS are gone? or is that just the nerdy me....

That would be my first concern too. I love my books!

theres's always money in the banana stand.

SUE. I know it's only $300, but damn, in North America suing is the answer to all of your problems!

leafsfan13 0

No, if you sue, you're going to lose.

#126 Exactly what I was thinking. OP YDI for not using a bank.

leafsfan13 0

YDI for not storing your $300 bucks in a safe or a bank.

I'm torn. I voted YDI, because seriously, why the hell would you have THAT MUCH MONEY in the pages of BOOKS? You keep that shit in a bank or a safe. But FYL for having parents that just take your shit and assume it's okay to just sell it off like its theirs to do whatever they want with it. I'd kill my parents if that happened to me.

sell some of their shit and when they freak out just tell them they never used it...problem solved

xSceneSceneBabyx 0

wow. you are SERIOUSLY stupid. who puts cash in books? that's what banks are for, genius.

I smell BS. And this seems awfully similar to another FML.