By gonebabygone - 27/08/2009 06:58 - United States

Today, I discovered that my parents rooted through our house looking for junk to sell at a garage sale. They sold all of my books from my bookshelf. When I freaked, out my mom said 'well you never read them'. There was about $300 hidden between the pages of those books. They made $60. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 207
You deserved it 9 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

$60 will cover a shovel, duct tape, a large knife, and some trash bags... all with enough left over to go out and have a couple beers.

How could someone possibly deserve this? Despite your opinion on how to store your money, her mother had no right to root through a house that didn't belong to her and take items without permission. File a police report for burglary. This is flat out theft.

Comments

Bud_fml 16

Well, if they don't give you $300 to make up for it, steal money from them :D they deserve it lol

liveandletlive89 0

I'd go into their room and sell their shit. It'll teach them some respect and privacy. And, you'll make some money back. :)

I agree, sell some pictures and paintings... OH and don't forget dirty videos! Those are some real money makers!

nanoflacka 0

Okay guys, is it me, or are parents getting morr duMb by the second... And kids also! My parets would have asked first. And the kids fmls, are just pure stupidity too! Come on guys!

-hang a bag with with money from a coat hanger and hang a shirt that you rarely or never wear over that -behind a picture on the wall -inside a stuffed animal that you've made clear you have great 'sentimental' value for -inside a pair of socks in your sock drawer -in a bag that is duct taped to the underside of your computer desk -inside a large, fancy, decorative candle that has been hollowed out underneath and has had the wick removed -inside your shower curtain rod -inside the area in your curtains that the curtain rod goes through -inside a ziplock bag and under a floor board or carpet -inside the space of wall accessible by temporarily removing the faceplate over an electrical outlet (then screw the face plate back on, of course) .........

If you ask real nice, they'll probably give it to you back, especially if you paid for the books. $300 dollars to adults tends to be manageable. In any case, you can probably earn it back relatively quickly anyway, so it's really just a moderate loss. FYL all the same.

LemonFairy 0

This comment made me wish I had loose floorboards...

It's ridiculously annoying how parents will just dig through your stuff and sell your things or throw away your things without even telling you. Maybe you should try it on them.

capthavoc123 0

This is what banks are for, retard.