By thatsnice - 09/12/2014 21:19 - United States - Warwick

Today, I confessed to my roommate of 4 years that I'm in love with her. Her response? Sticking her tongue out at me and blowing a raspberry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 093
You deserved it 4 280

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awkward situations lead to awkward responses! Or maybe she was too nervous to say it back!

It was a defense mechanism... It wasn't as trivial to her as she made it seem.

Comments

It's always hard to leave the roommate zone. gl to you! I hope you'll get a straight answer soon

I'm gonna flip the **** out if people keep trivializing the complexities of emotions by pulling some shitty noun that seems most applicable to whatever the current situation is and adding "zone" to the end as a way of describing an entire relationship with no real background information or knowledge.

You mean you're going to go into the flipoutzone?

you're right. with all these background information given and knowing OP and his roommate for years I should have used some other term, which suits only for their situation . or... you could relax and take it as it is: a simplification...

Don't worry op it was probably all of a sudden for her so she didn't know how to respond give her some time.

can anyone please draw a picture of how it looks when someone blows a raspberry??

Also came for an explanation. We will wait.

countryb_cth 38

Blowing a raspberry means, you stick your tongue out at someone and make a noise, similar to the noise you make when you fart. Little kids to it all the time and apparently so does OP's roommate.

Plot twist: OP's roommate is a little kid

That's not a plot twist, that's disturbing.

lol. Sorry man. That must be so anti climatic.

Well we could maybe have more FMLs due to this situation... Hope things are not too awkward between the two of you...unless she changes a bit

What to do in awkward situations: OP's roommate edition.

Good answer, maybe not from the point of view of the sympathy but very effective.