By pkstarstorm - 14/07/2009 06:58 - United States

Today, I came out to my dad. He called me weak minded and said that he has never been more disappointed in me. I didn't come out as gay. I came out as a vegetarian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 056
You deserved it 20 081

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

come out as being gay as well while your at it

How can anyone who rejects what 98% of the people are doing be considered weak-minded? Judging by the comments here, there's an obvious correlation between eating meat and gross stupidity. The only question is whether meat makes people stupid, or whether stupid people can't find any reason to quit meat. If anything it's the meat eaters who are weak-minded since they can't give it up despite the many ways it severely hurts the world's future.

Um, have you been living under a rock for the past decade? Vegetarianism/veganism is a pretty big fad. Lots of people do it just because everyone else is and then give it up after a month or two when they realize it's expensive and unsatisfying.

smorgasm 0

cyclone psycho, youre a great person. OP. standing against the grain takes balls. kick your dad in his shriveled ones. comment numero uno. youre a fag. i dont care that you can quote a fourth grade television show. go home. immediately. comment 96 and probably half the others on here. not only can you drink milk as a vegetarian, but orange juice has five percent more calcium than milk. vegetarianism when used correctly builds more lean muscle than omnivorous diets. it also lessens the risk of countless diseases. if youve got morals, great, stick with them. id know. im both a vegetarian and a body builder. i believe many omnivores, more commonly refereed to as carnivores are bitches/*******/wimps etc. cause you ****** bend over like a hooker to bill gates to other ******* who think theyre tough because they can get heart disease. grow up, *****.

Dreika 0

Your dad is right. Stop being an indoctrinated, programed, clueless , faddish follower! BTW smorgasm you are a fake, shallow and vacant. Go ahead though with your moron empty threats. You can't even string an intelligent sentence together without the word "****." I guess it is because you live off vegetables and thusly are not producing brain cells healthy enough to function. Just because someone doesn't consume meat doesnt' mean they have "morals." It means they are probably a socialist that is all. Besides you can't believe because you don't eat meat you have morals but think it is okay to kill babies. You deserved that remark, I hope your family disown you. What a shame you are to them.

THAT'S A JIM GAFFIGAN JOKE!!! ...Jerk.

Inspired22 11

Why the hell did you find it necessary to mention that you weren't coming out as gay, you were ONLY coming out as vegetarian? As if someone should be more ashamed of being gay than being vegetarian?

On one hand, he should respect your choice. On the other hand, being a vegetarian as a "moral" choice is hypocritical. You know why? Go on google and type in "The naive vegetarian." By eating eggs and drinking milk, aka Animal products, you're still supporting an industry that uses and kills animals. A cow has to give birth to produce milk, right? And what happens to the calf if it's male? You think they let it live? If you're not trying to go free-range or organic, that's even worse. Even Vegans who eat wheat are supporting the death of thousands of rabbits, field mice and possibly birds that happen to get caught by the harvester, or ingest poisonous chemicals from the wheat or insects that have been on the wheat. But, whatever. It's your choice.

This is completely true. The majority of vegetarians who say they don't eat meat for "ethical reasons" really just do it so they can brag about how holier-than-thou they are.

Keep at it OP. You are strong to do something that goes against what everyone else would have for you. I've been a vegan for many years and vegetarian for longer than that, I know how hard it is at first. Ignore the morons.

were does gay and vegitarian come together. that just sounds like a gay bashing comment.

I consider myself open-minded and have a number of vegetarian and vegan friends, but I have to admit that a large part of me finds vegetarianism completely baffling, and is a HUGE turn-off for me in significant others!