By Caroline1812 - 24/04/2015 23:58 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today, while getting ice cream with a friend, her car got broken into. Nothing was taken except my backpack, which contained assignments making up 50% or more for grades in four separate classes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 129
You deserved it 2 911

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have a feeling it might be one of your class mate who hasn't done their own homework..

I bet they were expecting college books to be in there. You can essentially buy a house if you can sell those to the right the person.

Comments

Well hopefully that person will pass then :)

#50 I Almost didn't catch the pun there.. Unless that wasn't actually a pun and I am severely misinterpereting things.

I have a feeling it might be one of your class mate who hasn't done their own homework..

LaColombianita 26

I wonder if OP could ask those 4 teachers if they could let her look through everybody's assignments and see if she recognizes her own...then they find the thief!

#31 you can't just assume it was a classmates what if someone stole the backpack because they thought money was inside.

#34 I agree because that'll just give people a reason to think you just didn't your own work and was trying to make an excuse (not saying OP did)

LaColombianita 26

#34 I'm not saying that's the only possibility. I only kept it going with #2's comment.

octinate 17

Shouldn't leave them all together like that in a car which could get broken into

Yeah, because we totally expect our cars to get broken into...

I guess people shouldn't leave anything in their home/dorm room either, since they can be broken into as well right?

Walk around naked? Great idea! *rips shirt off and swings it around above my head* WOO HOO! Let's all live in trees like the monkeys!

That's like blaming a rape victim based on what they were wearing.

sockninja110 6

You should have put your backpacks in her trunk.

ChristianH39 30

Blame the criminal, not the victim. Next time you have something stolen from you I hope someone's there to say "you should've _____"

Or people could not be assholes. Sounds like a much better solution to me.

Well this is actually a good response. My dad's boss left her handbag on her passenger seat whilst at work, someone walking past spotted it, broke into her car and took it. There are signs saying "leave it on display, expect it to go" where I live. Not so great but just don't ever leave things on display.

I'm pretty sure a lot more criminals would steal a handbag than a backpack. I could understand someone saying YDI if they left a purse in their car, but who the hell steals a backpack?

fashionbug9880 22

I don't know who would steal a backpack either. My dad's car got broken into and they only stole his backpack, but there was only a flashlight and stupid stuff in there.

Daelynn_17 19

I'm assuming a lot of the time they just grab what they can get the quickest and hope something good is in there. However, a lot of nurses I work with carry backpacks/tote bags that have their wallets or credit cards in them for work. Soo I'm sure thieves get lucky sometimes!

I bet they were expecting college books to be in there. You can essentially buy a house if you can sell those to the right the person.

cheshirecat13242 32

Ouch! Best of luck, OP--hopefully you can get it back!

You might as well tell the teacher that your dog ate your homework

Steve95401 49

I hope you had it backed up on a flash drive.

If she did, it wouldn't have been that much of a FML.

If she did it was probably in her backpack

Why would a nerd break into the car if he/she would enjoy doing the work himself/herself.

The nerd already did all of his/her work and is now looking for more!