By justkillm3 - 13/05/2010 04:07 - United States

Today, I came home after ten hours at work to find my unemployed wife and 4 kids sprawled out watching TV waiting for me to get home and cook for them. I had to wash all the dishes first because they didn't feel like getting up or helping. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 159
You deserved it 9 143

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Grow a pair and tell them to take some responsibility.

Then don't do it until they get off their asses and help :/

Comments

The hell with those lazy little bastards. Tell your wife that when she starts paying the bills then you'll cook for her and tell your kids either they start doing shit or you'll kick them out and make them live like Oliver Twist. Gotta have discipline man, be a patriarch. "She sits on her ass, he works his hands to the bone, to give her money every payday. But she wants more deniro just to stay at home; well my friend, you gotta say: I won't pay, I won't pay ya, no wayyy. Na na why don't you get a job?" - The Offspring, "Why Don't You Get A Job?"

Sexist much??! Marriage is supposed to be about partnership and working together... Yes, you work, but have you tried cleaning the entire house by yourself and still cooking supper, helping with homework, fetching kids, etc.?

@Javelin - How is it sexist? The wife is unemployed, yes she has the kids to take care of, but she's the one at home all day and therefore you'd think she could do something to help. Technically their marriage would be about partnership and working together, he earns the money and she takes care of the house, depending on the size and the house and the age of the kids he might be expected to help a little...

Wow. You totally deserved it for being a bitch. Make some f***ing rules and enforce them.

shove her out and lock the doors until she gets a job that'll show'er

We teach other people how to treat us. You need to take a stand here and stick with it.

@146 It takes about an hour a day to make the house spotless and thirty minutes to cook. Assuming you spent 6 hours a day on the kids, which is unrealisticly high, you would still be spending less time then him if you cooked dinner.

dont4getlove 0

Ok, so that majorly sucks, obviously. but if you were just gonna complain online to a bunch of strangers instead of just confronting them what was the point?

boltman24 0

tell that woman to get her ass to kitchen and do it, then make you a sandwich.

OP, you really need to assert yourself and put a foot down. It sounds like your family is walking all over you, and you're a good-hearted dad, so you take it. Marriage has to be 50/50 - whether one of both spouses work or do housework, it has to balance out. This doesn't mean you need to be abusive. But I think that you need to confront your wife with how you feel instead of strangers on FML, and be more assertive with your kids, depending on their ages. If grounding without phone and internet doesn't work, threat of military school is always a good one... Trust me, I have family members who were raised to act like that. They are not successful adults, now...

choosemusic 0

be assertive, be, be asser- or just go to bed and sneak out and go to wendy's or something while they starve. mhmm.