By Anonymous - 16/03/2013 18:55 - United States - Escondido

Today, I have the flu. I had to wash the dishes, cook dinner, take out the trash, and take care of the laundry, all while my wife sat around watching TV, because she was "too tired". I work 8 hours a day. She's a college student. She doesn't see what's so unfair about this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 382
You deserved it 8 220

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Redtick 9

Sounds like a spoiled bitch to me.

I don't know about you but when i had the flu i had headaches, body aches, sore throat, and a runny nose. The last thing i wanted to do was move.

Comments

Redtick 9

Sounds like a spoiled bitch to me.

KingCeltic77 18

Thank you, I wouldn't have realized that if it weren't for your comment.

Come on guy, obviously the great sex makes up for op's miseries. If not OP you need to take more control of your relationship.

Totally agree with you #2! Dump the bitch, she should know that she belong to the kitchen.Go to the kitchen and make me some sandwitch!

iLike2Teabag 27

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don't know about you but when i had the flu i had headaches, body aches, sore throat, and a runny nose. The last thing i wanted to do was move.

HighlandShadows 48

As #5 said, the flu is a lot more than just a runny nose... the wife ought to have been more considerate of OP's needs.

Since when is the flu just a runny nose? Are you saying that that's now the definition of a flu?

enormouselephant 15

It sounds like you all have the flu because obviously you can't smell the sarcasm!

Sarcasm has a scent? I bet it smells like peanut butter... you know... because dogs like sarcasm.

stewpididiot 11

Teabags is only 16...prolly never tea bagged anything other than his moms chihuahua... His moms still wipes whatever's leaking when he's got the flu

MiloBear 11

Actually, if you have a runny nose then you have a cold. If you have the flu you'd be coughing. Cold involves throat upwards, flu involves throat downwards. Both have body aches/fever etc.

TrinityisLife 22

@#101 Influenza and the cold virus are two completely sets of virus strains. They have similar symptoms in the beginning, but the flu virus will knock you on your ass fairly quickly. You also may not get every symptom listed for the flu. The two most recent bouts of flu I had involved no coughing and low body pain, while my fever raged and the cold chills seemed insane.

VampTat 10

Uh... having a runny nose is a called a cold. The flu is a hell of a lot worse than that. You get; body aches, chills, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, along with the typical cold symptoms, coughing, runny nose, and a sore throat. When you have the flu, you're out of the loop for at least two days.

VampTat 10

#101, Having a bad cough is not the flu, not if it's not accompanied by the other classic symptoms. Having a bad cough is a bad chest cold, usually from an upper respiratory infection like bronchitis

OneToughChick 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Sure it can be, but many people used to work their way through college, 40 hours a week. She's just being lazy; she should be pitching in and helping with SOMETHING at least...

xcalabrese3x 6

Who cares what the case is? When someone is sick, you do everything in your power to make sure they feel better. Especially your wife.

Yeah, college or not if your SO (or in this case husband) is sick you help them out, and they'll more than likely repay the favor later on

KingCeltic77 18

Go sit on the couch and tell her that you're "too tired". You're playing a chess game against her OP. Either way, you deserve the rest.

Took me a minute to understand the comment... Does that make me stupid?

I've done the exact same thing. But that doesn't work for too long because then shit starts to pile up.

You need to take a stand and discuss the issue properly or simply refuse to do it. Oh and when you ask her to do more don't act like college isn't work.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

i actually make $7,000 a semester tgrough scholarships that the college gives me and it pays my complete tuition and then have extra. but i have to maintain a high GPA to keep it.

Im not excusing the wife, but dont act like college is nothing. college is just as hard as work. You need to have a serioua talk with your wife, but dont act like work is more important than school

Sit there and refuse to do anything until she gets the message

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You're missing the point. OP has to do all the work and has the flu, so they obviously feel like shit, and the wife is just sitting on the couch watching TV and making no effort to help out OP.

Is it fine to take your flu home with you?

#11 I suppose studying English is hard work for you, eh?

Michael_92 20

That depends all on what his job is. What if its labor intensive and he comes home after a hard day of work of that and then has to work more. What if this happens a lot? Are you telling me that's fine?

11- the wife wasn't studying, she was watching tv all day. Also how do you know he doesn't take his work home with him? Doesn't state his job. These things aside, he has the FLU. He should be in bed and his wife should learn some compassion and get up off her lazy ass and do something to help.

I wonder what world or workforce you don't have to take work home with you in that sounds nice. I would LOVE to be back in college sooooooo much easier!

The difference being that "full time" in regards to college is as little as 12 semester hours (which are usually only 50 minutes, not 60), so your point that you don't take work home with you is nullified by the fact that you aren't in school 32 hours, whereas that's the minimum for work to be considered full time.

knoxxx 22

Actually, #133, as a full time student I spend an average of 12 hours a day going to class or working on campus. Then I get to work when I go home too. I'm lucky if I can get 7 hours of sleep at night, and forget about having any hobbies. Please, continue to talk about how college is less life-consuming than a job you get to leave behind once you clock off.

I'm in my final semester of college and its killing me. The last two semesters I have had major assignment after major assignment, mixed in with quizzes, tests, exams and even a few presentations to do. It's both mentally and physically demanding and draining and I can't wait for it to be over. To help with my future career I do a lot of volunteering and helping out with my school and the community (I'm getting into law enforcement). That said, anytime my girlfriend is sick UFO to her if able and help her with anything I can even just bringing her soups and tea and cuddling with ner for a bit if that's all in able to do. I would never let her try and do everything when she was sick, especially just cause "I'm tired" your wife is just lazy and inconsiderate. She should understand that is her job to take care of you when your sick just like its your job to take care of her when she is sick.

I am on round 2 of university. I have done both the career and student gig full time. Being a student is far more tiring and stressful than working. I am also a single mom so do everything everyday, sick or healthy - so no real sympathy but OP's wife sounds like a bitch.

#149, how about when I started a business, for the first 3 years, I worked 80-110 hours a week, 60 on the business and the rest at other jobs working to earn enough to support my family and business. That's me telling you how life-consuming starting a business is in the real world.

knoxxx 22

No one said starting a business isn't hard, but that's clearly not what OP is doing. He's working 8 hour days, and saying being a student isn't as exhausting. Don't get butt hurt, your situation is clearly different than the type of job I was referring to. I hope your business succeeds with all the effort you put in to it.

Sitting at a chair and reading is nowhere near as much work as an 8 hour work day at a job. And it absolutely is never harder.

MooseKnuckle5150 13

If you keep it up, you might as well get used to it.

you work, she studies, neither of you is taking it easy so you both can share the bloody chores. she's being a bitch.

perdix 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
dr_snow_bear 29

Sounds like the words of someone who has seen to many 90's sitcoms and has never been in a real relationship.

No, it sounds like someone who has been married for a long time and knows what it takes to keep everyone happy.

Sounds like the words of someone who is joking...

It's not a joke. Seriously. In the Bastard household, that's called "Standard Operating Procedure".

You can look in the Bastards' Household Handbook to find "Standard Operating Procedure" under the subtitle "Operating Procedures." If you need help finding the subtitle you can look in the table of contexts and the subtitle should be on page 17, if I do recall correctly.

TrinityisLife 22

DocBastard, I've been married for 15 years in July and I never treat my husband this way. EVER. A woman that withholds from her husband is just punishing herself. I feel sorry for you if your wife is doing that routinely.

fun fact, each person in a relationship is obligated to have sex unconditionally with the other. If one makes sex a reward for chores, the other person should seek a relationship with someone else.