By tommy - 06/06/2009 12:41 - United States

Today, I called my friend in Australia to have a nice long chat, what I did not know was that my dad had removed my international calling plan, I talked to my friend for 5 hours, and ran up a huge phone bill, which I have to take out of the money I saved up to go see her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 142
You deserved it 8 341

Same thing different taste

Top comments

treli1593 0

use ventrilo or skype next time

evilevi 0

Why does your dad have the permission to change your contract? Get your own!

Comments

Jennydew 0

That sucks!! Your dad should at least pay for half of the bill since he decided to remove the international calling plan without notifying you.

Skype is a wonderful thing..hahaha Also. It doesn't take that much money from MA, USA to Australia.

footballdude7 0

Oh that sucks. how much did you have to pay?

I've seen more then five hour conversations..I work for a cell phone company and this chick was on the phone for 17! Who ran into a situation like this. I laughed at all the people sarcasticly going on about Iming ans skype..the guy was under the impression he had the plan so cleary he though it was covered. Defintely speak to your dad about it..to at least help pay back a little even if the contract is in his name.

Bell Canada has a base rate of 1.19$/minute (0.99$/minute off peak) for calls to Australia for people without a plan. So this could easily have run upwards of 500$ without the international plan. That really really sucks

And that's why we use skype, but still, FYL. #80: Wtf, since when was it bad to have long conversations?

**** that. Make him pay. That's not your fault.

#77 I was just going to say the same thing...I laughed at all the people suggesting Skype...there is SO many reasons why they wouldn't be using Skype 1. He thought he still had the international calling on his plan 2. He and/or his friend might not have internet 3. Skype is only free for PC to PC calls, PC to phone calls do cost money...you might think it's not expensive, but check your other options That said, my husband lives in the US, I live in Germany and he does not have internet. In the beginning we used Skype, for $10 we used tog et about 12 hours of talktime...that means he could never call me, I always had to call him...and a little later I discovered that my phone company offers UNLIMITED calling to the US for $5 a month... So,...if I were the OP I would at least tell my parents how messed up it is that they changed his plan without letting him know...if they did it on accident they may be willing to help him out a bit.