By tommy - 06/06/2009 12:41 - United States

Today, I called my friend in Australia to have a nice long chat, what I did not know was that my dad had removed my international calling plan, I talked to my friend for 5 hours, and ran up a huge phone bill, which I have to take out of the money I saved up to go see her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 142
You deserved it 8 341

Same thing different taste

Top comments

treli1593 0

use ventrilo or skype next time

evilevi 0

Why does your dad have the permission to change your contract? Get your own!

Comments

I agree that your father should pay the bill for changing your plan without telling you, because you had no way of knowing that the calls would not be covered. Also, speaking for 5 hours is not by any means impossible. Depending on how long it has been since both parties spoke, and also depending on their relationship.

hir23 0

Wow, I feel for you... Yeah Skype and all are good; you should also try Gtalk. I've found it works the most consistently. It's what I use to talk to my boyfriend every night, since we're separated over the summer. We discovered this the hard way too, after my boyfriend was under the impression that he was talking to me at a $1/min rate when in reality it was over $5 a minute. We ran up a bill of $1,200.

smiledearx 0

that blows. i think your dad should atleast pay for half since he didn't tell you that he took off the international calling therefore you had not known!

justmyluck1212 0

that happened 2 me 2, except it was with Internet on my phone

I kinda don't see how your dads a dick for that- esp if he's the one that PAYS for the bill. Regardless, nobody talks for a 5 hour international phone call! No phone plan is that great. Ever heard of the Internet? Web camera? Instant messanger?

Yeah I'd say he should pay that one, if he didn't tell you about this.

shadow_duv 0

never trust anyone else with your calling plans. If this would have happened to me I would have killed my dad

perstephane 4

Thanks, #88 - my thoughts exactly. If you want a phone plan that you control, pay for it yourself. It's cheaper than paying off a 5 hour call to Australia.

Your dad sucks. Why wouldn't he tell you?

wow five hours...... thats a lot FYL for your dad for being a ahole