By hoolagirl4422 - 20/09/2013 11:23 - Hong Kong - Kennedy Town

Today, I bumped into a really cute guy I know. I stuttered and floundered, before saying, "Hi, it's me, Megan Thomas." My surname isn't Thomas, but his is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 927
You deserved it 9 417

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AlittleSanity 11

You should have followed that up with the statement "unless you aren't man enough to make that happen". Would have loved to see his face then.

Well you've already made it obvious. Might as well go for gold at that point.

Comments

It's very cute, nothing to feel embarrassed about. But, if anythings said that makes you feel uncomfortable, just say you were not thinking straight and change the subject.

my friend told a guy in middle school the first time she ever met him that she was going to marry him one day they are now happily married with 3 kids

LOL #25. GL finding someone "worth anything"

julian__91 3

Who says, "surname" instead of, "last name?"

showmeyourears 19

Well I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure in some Asian countries, the surname comes before the "first" name. So it's not really a "last" name. I know that's the case in Japan and China at least. If you've ever seen Mulan, she refers to herself as "Fa Mulan" rather than "Mulan Fa" when she introduces herself to the matchmaker. Or if you watch subbed anime you see this too.

mimiminx 23

#69 more to the point how do you function day to day on a limited vocabulary?

3yellowzebras 19

British people do- the ones that invented the English language...

People don't call it a surname? :S I understand both, I prefer surname. I'm British, maybe it's an American thing to call it a last name.

#69, almost everyone except Americans use surname over last name.

Honestly, I thought that was extremely cute, hahahaha. I'm sure he thought it was cute as well(: you were obviously nervous so I'm sure he didn't think you were trying to say it in a weird way. (:

Maybe OP was wearing her Freudian slippers.

I wonder what your notebook has written all through it ;)