By Anonymous - 06/09/2009 07:25 - Japan

Today, I broke up with the girl I'd been dating for two months because she started smoking. This is a deal breaker for me. I just found out from her friend that she started smoking for the sole purpose of getting me to break it off and now plans to quit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 618
You deserved it 7 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You got OWNED!! Then again, clearly she's a jackass if she's willing to threaten her (and your) health like that.

I can't decide whether this is funny or sad. I'm leaning towards funny though. Go find someone better.

Comments

ItsAlexFool 0

What a dumbass, seriously. Not only is she putting the people around hers health, but she's also putting her poor lungs (and other various parts of her body) in danger. Who knows, maybe she'll get addicted, and you'll have the last laugh. Don't get angry, man, because she definitely was not worth your time if the only thing she can think of is to resort to a disgusting, potentially fatal habit.

citycrazed25 0

what the hell this is the dumbest girl i ever heard of! why the hell would you risk your health just to get somebody to break up with you! she could have just told you that its not working out! this sort of things makes me mad, and girls say all guys are jerks...ehhhhnnnn wrong answer

Silverill 0

If i were you i'd definitly laugh everytime i see her fail stopping her smoking.

Mr. Mackey: Well hey, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you boys have been smoking! Cartman: No, no, Mr. Mackey. We don't have any cigarettes. Mr. Mackey: [while school is burning down] Well you'd better not! Because let me tell you some'n' about smokin'! Uh, smokin's bad, m'kay. And uh, if you start smokin' at an early age, m'kay, it's gonna be bad. M'kay, because, uh, smoking can lead to all kinds of health problems like cancer. M'kay, and let me tell you something about cancer, m'kay. Cancer's bad. M'kay, and, uh, eh, what? What the? [notices fire] Holy shit, m'kay

actually, thats the definition of fail, its pretty hard to mix those two up, im guessing your not too bright

You must have been an awful boyfriend if she was willing to compromise her health in order to break things off with you...

I have to say, she sounds like kind of a dumbass. Why wouldn't she just break up with you instead of having you do it? Depending on how much she was smoking, there's a good chance she won't be able to quit either. Take it from me, I've tried just "quitting" a bunch of times. For a long time I just smoked socially and could go weeks without them, but once I was legally allowed to buy them it spiraled into a daily addiction. So you can look forward to her not being able to finish up her "plan" LMAO

DrewBoy 0

Wow..how old are you and your girl? 16? There's no excuse to be this petty and stupid. "Smoking is a deal breaker for me"...I can tell you're going to end up being one of those "hopeless romantics" who spend the next 20 years trying to find the perfect girl but has no luck....in all reality, you're just an extremely high maintenance and picky losers who finds flaws in everything. Good luck with that.

No, I completly understand where the OP is coming from. My parents smoke and the scent gets into all my expensive clothes (I buy everything myself). There are times when I feel so sick just from being around the cigarette smoke during family functions (when it's hard to escape). Smoking is a serious health problem, and it's not fair for non-smokers to have to suffer around it. It's embarrassing to smell like smoke, and it sucks to get sick from it. You're petty for putting others health under your selfish needs. Smoking kills, and it will never be cool. Btw, who the **** sits in traffic for an hour???? Do you live in a huge city, because the longest I have ever sat in traffic for in 15 minutes tops and I've been driving for a while. Also, last time I checked people are dying as fast from car pollution that from smoking, It kills 1 out of 2 people. I don't think it makes him a sapless romantic just because he is concerned for his health.

Smoking is a deal breaker for a lot of people. Why would you chose to date someone who knowingly endangers their own life every day for no reason? Smoking affects life expectancy, makes you smell and taste different to your partner, affects the environment, your kids and your pets breathing (second hand smoke can give your children or animals breathing problems, including asthma). It also means you likely have ashes or ash trays in your house or car (messy and they stink). In high school a close girlfriend of mine's mother developed Berger's disease from smoking. She slowly had to undergo the amputation of the ends of all her fingers, both feet and eventually one leg. She is stuck in a wheel chair with the constant threat of more surgery around the corner. I wouldn't set up a life with someone who would KNOWINGLY put themselves in a position to contract a disease that would first force them to live as an invalid and then kill them. You don't have to be a hopeless romantic to want a partner with a basic reasoning skills who can figure out that smoking is a stupid life risk. Expecting your partner not to take up a disgusting habit AFTER you've started dating is beyond reasonable.