By Anonymous - 06/09/2009 07:25 - Japan

Today, I broke up with the girl I'd been dating for two months because she started smoking. This is a deal breaker for me. I just found out from her friend that she started smoking for the sole purpose of getting me to break it off and now plans to quit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 618
You deserved it 7 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You got OWNED!! Then again, clearly she's a jackass if she's willing to threaten her (and your) health like that.

I can't decide whether this is funny or sad. I'm leaning towards funny though. Go find someone better.

Comments

Would you honestly want to date someone who cares so little about themselves that they'd risk their health just to get you to dump them??

LOL that's pretty sad. but yea, i would break up with a guy if he smokes. but not if i'm really in love with that guy. i'll just tell him to quit.

mastory96 0

haha! I love this girl. :D I would totally do something like that.

ifailepically 0

Wow. You must totally suck as a boyfriend.

triplethreat13 0

FYL. but that's good that smoking is a deal-breaker for you.

You are an asshole. You sound like a pretty controlling guy and you obviously didn't like this girl that much considering this was your only reason for breaking up with her. I don't understand how this is really an FML on either of your parts. You got rid of the "terrible smoker" and she no longer has to deal with your pretentious holier-than-thou faggotry. I do think it's pretty funny that someone is willing to do something so extreme just to get rid of you, though. You must be REALLY unbearable.

If she started smoking to get him to break up with her, he must have told her he really despises smoking beforehand. It's not controlling to expect someone to have some common standards like not doing something to ruin their own bodily organs.

Bullshet 0

They were dating two months. Nothing's for sure at that point. I'd definitely break up with a guy I've been dating for just a couple months if he just up and started smoking. It's a disgusting habit and it shows me he doesn't care about his health or mine.

redblueviolet 0

Who says you have to be in love with EVERY SINGLE person that you date? They'd only been together two months, maybe he didn't know her well enough to accept her in spite of disgusting habits. Unless I loved the guy I was dating (in which case I would do anything in my power to get him to quit), I would break up wtih him for smoking. This girl is a complete idiot if she's going to risk her health like that just to end a relationship instead of breaking up with you like a normal person. Her life could be completely ****** if she can't quit, which is entirely possible. I feel bad for her, to be honest. =/