By Spockx - 06/08/2012 11:20 - New Zealand - Hamilton

Today, my girlfriend told me she was over her addiction and wished to quit cold turkey. I cancelled all my plans to stay home and support her. She didn't mean her tobacco addiction, no no. Her corn chip addiction. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 380
You deserved it 2 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sinamoi 18

Corn chip addiction is some serious shit.

It's nice to know that you care about her enough to do that, though. You're much better than all the douchebag boyfriends usually featured on FML.

Comments

xd3box 4

I won't waste my time coming up with a corny first comment.

Even if she was quitting tobacco, would she really need THAT much support? For you to stay home?

PleaseStayChill 9

A corn chip addiction would be very hard to get over. She's going to need all of the support she can get.

starman02 12

I wouldn't have came home If I thought she was quitting tobacco.. People get so moody! Eeeep! That was really nice of you though

Zoh_Aubrey 8

How can the Fritos company sleep at night? ::sobs::

theslimshadylp 6

Yah I would stay away. If smokers go even one hour without cigarettes they flip the **** out.

Obviously you've never dealt with addiction or someoe who was addicted to something. They need support in order to get better.

Your poor girlfriend. She's addicted to tobacco as well as corn chips? Makes you wonder if that's all she's addicted to. Who knows? She could even be addicted to you. Ha ha! By the way, no, we smokers don't flip the **** out if we go an hour without smoking. At least, I don't.

I remember my mom went a day with out ciggs. So while she was making breakfast she was in a bad mood so I politely asked what was wrong. She said she was out of cigarettes so I once again politely suggested to buy some more. She grabbed a spatula and threw it at me. I was only like 7. Now I laugh about it but addiction can be scary lol.

mrsquiggles6900 5

63- that is not true. I have went more than one hour without a cigarette and I do not flip the **** out. Just sayin!

starman02 12

I agree 113! I dont get smoke breaks at work, so I go 10hours without one, and I still have a smile on my face :)

isabella3095 5

well i just still think smoking is utterly disgusting

Every one is different though. While some people can go ages without a smoke once they quit it can be harder to bridge that gap. Mainly because in your mind you know you can't have one, whereas before you knew you could whenever/when your shift ended. Etc.

redhedsaysrawr 18

Well... encourage her that its the same kind of thing as quitting for tobacco and to try that as well... and, this is... wow this is just a giant fail...

Personally, I believe corn chips can ruin one's life just as much as tobacco. How? I have no clue..

Haha yes they can! You have to go to the store and buy them all the time! You won't have time to work! No, a tobacco addiction is way worse then a corn chip one.

Bad time to quick corn chips! You need them to keep your energy levels up whilst watching the Olympics! Go the Kiwis!!!!!!!!!!

That's very thoughtful of you OP. I know it didn't mean as much to you, but it probably meant a lot to her.

Tell her she will feel absolutely a-maize-ing when she finally quits for good.

It's good for op because now she'll be less far.

OP? Was her father addicted to corn chips too? Then she'd be a 'chip off the old block!'

She'll be ever grateful that you warded off the Frito Bandito.

Sinamoi 18

Corn chip addiction is some serious shit.

You try staying away from Doritos for a week

"Hi, I'm Cody, and I'm a corn chip addict,..."

36 - They leave the worst after taste in the morning though!

36 challenge accepted. ... Challenge complete! I haven't eaten Doritos for over 2 months.

It's nice to know that you care about her enough to do that, though. You're much better than all the douchebag boyfriends usually featured on FML.

True that. Seems to be an epidemic of douchebag boyfriends lately.

Long time listener, First Time caller!

Jordan740 6

You've really got to watch the corn chips these days...

CallMeMcFeelii 13

My uncle who was always a corn chip eater recently had to have his tongue cut out. The salt on the corn chips took all the moister out of his mouth. Now I live a corn chip free life, and I hope you will too.

Jordan740 6

I'm currently a recovering corn chip addict.