By Anonymous - 24/01/2010 19:29 - United States

Today, I broke my dominant hand. My teacher insists we hand-write our essays. I called and asked if it was okay for me to type up the essays. She said no. I have two essays due tomorrow, which count for half my grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 366
You deserved it 3 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You guys are dumb as ****. If he called his teacher, do you really think he would leave out the "I broke my hand, which is why I'm asking"?

zombzomb 0

should've done the work earlier

Comments

I have a teacher that would do this and I completely understand where they are coming from. You waited until the last minute to write your essays and this is what you get. You should have done them earlier, and perhaps they'd have been finished before you broke your hand. Alternatively, you could have found someone to dictate them to.

Agreed, if OP got off his A$$ and did it when he got it and didn’t wait till the last minute then this wouldn’t have happened.

wierd. my teachers REQUIRE me to type my papers

Suubzero 0

I don't know if this has been said already but it is a law in the United States that the educators have to meet reasonable demands for various conditions(such as a broken hand). She could lose her license if she doesn't do this. Just tell your principal/dean whatever and they will make sure that she accepts your typed papers. They will probably make her apologize as well.

how'd u break the hand? if it was on somthing stupid ydi if not fyl

#7 umm that's what he said so shut your freakin mouth

Erindub 0

Grades are useless in the real world any ways ; )

FYL. She said handwritten. But she didn't say whose hand has to write it, so, I believe there's some elbow room here.

Call your guidance counselor/principal/nurse/trusted teacher and let them know you need a 504. http://specialchildren.about.com/od/504s/f/504faq1.htm A 504 is an educational plan that can cover many things, including temporary injuries. If on your 504 it says that you must be allowed to type, your teacher cannot legally require you to write things by hand.