By Anonymous - 24/01/2010 19:29 - United States

Today, I broke my dominant hand. My teacher insists we hand-write our essays. I called and asked if it was okay for me to type up the essays. She said no. I have two essays due tomorrow, which count for half my grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 366
You deserved it 3 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You guys are dumb as ****. If he called his teacher, do you really think he would leave out the "I broke my hand, which is why I'm asking"?

zombzomb 0

should've done the work earlier

Comments

eh should have completed your so-important essays well before you broke your hand. shit happens close to due dates get your work done early and you have plenty of time to deal with any nonsense.

a couple years ago, i broke my right elbow and wrist, which was my dominant hand, so it was completely immobilized. Write either completely illegibly with your left hamd and stick it to your bitch of a teacher, or type it. She has to accept it either way.

ZiggyMorrison 0

You are in college, there are lots of people who will do almost anything for money, first type up the essays and pay someone to write them up for you it shouldnt be that hard

Typing a whole essay with one hand would have been a FML too.

Do your best to handwrite the essay, turn that copy in, when your teacher complains that he/she cant read it, tell your teacher thats was he/she gets for making you handwrite your essay with a broken wrist. Let the teacher stew in their anger for a few minutes, then hand in the typed copy you made so that you would be prepared.

Did you mention to the teacher that your hand was broken or just ask if you could type it? If you give a doctor's note saying your hand is broken, your teacher cannot make you hand-write an essay... obviously. Also.. you should have not waited until the night before it was due... I agree with everyone else though.. if your teach knows its broken and still won't let you.. write it really messy and then if she complains go to your dean or principle.

I agree that it's a YDI for waiting for the last min to do your assignment, but in this case, I probably would have asked a friend or family member to hand-write it for me while I dictated, and bribed them with a free lunch or something. :)

smqueen 0

Assuming your broken hand is in some type of cast or similar, wouldn't typing take twice as long anyways?