By advanced history teacher - 27/04/2015 04:58 - United States - Phoenix

Today, I asked my class to name some West African countries. Several of them thought Ebola was a country. I teach an AP history class. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 336
You deserved it 4 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nityasomaiya 46

I'm wondering what they thought the disease was....

Comments

ZombieVampirez 24

Yeah because hordes of uneducated peasants are better than a handful of dumb kids.

so true, better than believing bugs are formed from nothingness and we can whip the sickness out of us

That's... wow. I don't understand that someone can be that dumb, let alone more than one person thinking that.

Badkarma4u 17

Did you know it was named after a river in west Africa?

TheBlazinAsian 9

Do you understand the irrelevancy of the comment you made?

I met someone today who thought Isis was a hoax by the US government

MattStro 23

Sounds like you've got some work to do

I feel your pain. As a white South African, foreigners constantly tell me that I'm not a true South African. Because, you know, obviously only black people inhabit South Africa. I even once had someone ask me, "So, do you know [insert name here]? He lives in Nigeria!" Yes, I OBVIOUSLY do. In Africa we all know each other. Since we don't have television or internet, we get to know every person on the continent in our dusty little towns with dirt roads and lions roaming the streets... Ugh! Ignorance. Such a damn bitch.

Have they not seen "Lethal Weapon 2"?

Some people are as dense as neutron stars.

"Oh my god, Karen! You can't just ask someone why they're white."

You're obviously talking about foreigners from outside Africa, but I'm a Namibian and I've had all of those questions asked by South Africans... Someone once ask ed me if we have an ocean *facepalm*

What? You mean to tell me that Ikea isn't the capital of Europe?!

Well it IS Arizona... What were you expecting? It has one of the worst education ratings in America. At least now you can teach them.

Ramos808 29

Lol, it must have been a hilarious reaction when they found out that Ebola is a virus.

TordNorski 30

Stupidity isn't a disease but it sure is spreading like one.