By Anonymous - 03/05/2013 16:38 - United States - Hyattsville

Today, I gave a big presentation to my class. It included PowerPoint slides and video clips of the country I'd been researching. Another student did a presentation on the same country, except he just read from its Wikipedia page. He practically got a standing ovation. I got a single clap. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 240
You deserved it 3 758

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

In other words, he's plagiarizing.

ninjajoehenes48 8

Actually #9, "it's" was the right form. He forgot to use a comma but he was saying "it is" copyright. And it isn't copyright, it's plagiarism.

Wouldn't it be "it's copyrighted", anyway?

Somethin tells me FML isn't the place for a good grammar debate. Have you ever tried to Moderate? "No, No, Learn English b*tches, No, Wrong, No."

fishstick557 14

He's probably one of the popular kids who's apparently "cool" it's okay OP you probably got a better grade anyways

yep. I turn down half of them because of the truly crap language used. :-(

Yeah, but then he'll be made fun of for being a snitch. Kids are assholes man.

groovycrazyjoe 18
ninjajoehenes48 8

Wow 29. Are you just here to call people out on all their mistakes?

Lizardgirl 7

No offense, but being a grammar Nazi all the time is kind of lame, FreshPie.

groovycrazyjoe 18

dude everyone get the message jackass, how do you like that subject

Would you cry from happiness because of the correct use of grammar, or despair because it's true?

groovycrazyjoe 18

this had nothing to do with getting laid, true dick

@41-You're not concerned with things seeming "lame" online. And yet you go out of your way to correct any grammatical mistake on the Internet. Yah;whom you's kidden?(that last sentence was just to piss you off). I'm truest sorry if it didn't work.

southernbelle_rn 16

Plagiarism is a big deal in college. Somebody should have noticed something!

Awh:/ the good guy always finishes last:/

Oh, you got me! Now you only have all the other people in the world who use this saying too... Good luck:)

whatever, man. people can be really stupid sometimes. at least you know that you are capable of doing original research. you can be sure that at some point in your life you'll need that skill so I suggest improving it regardless of how much appreciation you get.

Your picture makes me sad that it doesn't go on forever, but for OP, he's right! Embrace your skill, it will be very helpful in the long run :)

Could be that OP has solid research skills, but not much in oratory. Doing a great presentation is more than the sum of your ppt and knowledge.

Just burn a giant lower case "t" outside his front yard. He will, of course, realize that it stands for "Time to leave".

jaredofmo 22

Or that Tumblr is out to get him. ... Tumblr would get him, if they'd actually leave their computers.

RedPillSucks 31

That's why our previous teacher used to put fake stuff in Wikipedia and fail anyone who cited it.

I put something in wikipedia incorrect and it got moved back to the most recent correct info in under 30 seconds. if you don't site the sources it just deletes what you wrote. so bs.

Not necessarily. I've changed a couple of pages on Wiki to something that's incorrect and it hasn't been changed for days! It just needs someone to report it or change it back. Now it gets changed quicker due to more people using it but in the past it was really unreliable source of information.

#8 You should check when it was last updated, and report your teacher. My friends ALWAYS change wikipedia, don't cite and use it in arguments, they still can't figure out how I know exactly when they edited it, or their IP (wiki supplies IP for non members).

shaww 28

Wow, I just found out how to do my next report!

Atleast you know you put more work into it. The teachers opinion is what matters anyway, and they usually catch plagerism.

I hope the teacher picked up on it.

OP isn't upset about his grade (probably far better), he's upset about his lack of popularity. OP, here's a lesson: doing a full-on audio-visual presentation on Uzbogjanzakhistan is NOT going to get you any love from your classmates. Try getting a fake ID.

Honesty is the best policy...you better get a higher grade...