By advanced history teacher - 27/04/2015 04:58 - United States - Phoenix

Today, I asked my class to name some West African countries. Several of them thought Ebola was a country. I teach an AP history class. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 336
You deserved it 4 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nityasomaiya 46

I'm wondering what they thought the disease was....

Comments

Wow! I hope they were just messing with you, if they weren't that would be really sad.

Must not take much to get into that school's AP class.

Trust me, my school will just put anybody in an AP class if they signed up for it. There are some kids in my school that are in AP classes, and you wonder why they're in an AP class.

MzZombicidal 36

And apparently they're more offensive too? Using "retarded" to describe some misinformed kids does not make you look better. It makes you look like an asshole. That's the beauty about being in school - you're not expected to know everything. That's why you're in school.

Welcome to American classrooms everybody

Things like this happens everywhere, not just the US.

foxmatrix15 8
Kn0wledge123 21

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Ebola is a river in Africa, hence the disease's name. So they aren't TOO far off.

The kids these days are idiots..and lazy. But hey someone's gotta do the burger flipping for me ;)

MzZombicidal 36

Yes, lazy idiots. Tell that to the kids working their asses off in class or on the field so they can get scholarships just to move onto college and take on the stresses of that! Oh, but sure, they're only here to serve jackasses like you the artery-clogging burgers you need so much. Asshole.