By Anonymous - 30/11/2010 06:06 - United States

Today, I asked my boyfriend what he wanted for Christmas. He then told me that he would only tell me if I promised not to get mad, so I agreed. He told me that he wants me to start working out because I'm getting fat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 621
You deserved it 33 102

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is called honesty. The best gift he could give you.

JayDawgg 0

well it's your fault for being fat

Comments

boobahs 0

honesty is a good foundation in every relationship. don't ask the questions that you can't accept the answers to...

PurplePigeon 0

I totally understand your take on not asking questions you won't like the answer to, BUT...I'm fairly certain when she asked what he wanted for Xmas, she expected to hear a new xbox game or sports stuff. so she doesn't DI in that sense.

jckbco 0

that's what I want my GF to do, but how do I tell her 'if she doesn't I'm getting a new one for New Years' ? Seriously

You could propose that you should both do that, it would be a healthy and fun thing to do together.

mrilake 0

It's a reasonable request - obesity is not only unattractive but leads to medical problems. I once had a girlfriend who began gaining weight the same as you, and I also asked her to begin working out. She got emotional, accused me of being shallow and insensitive, and told me if I loved her I'd accept her as is. I rightfully saw that as a lazy cop-out and this was one of the reasons we broke up. I wasn't going to have a 300 lb. girlfriend (much less wife) - period. Society may judge me harshly but I don't care in the least. I know what I like - thin women - and I'm not ashamed to hold true to my desires. Fat people are unattractive and I don't respect the ones too lazy to get off the couch and onto the treadmill. I myself work out several hours each week to stay slim and in shape. I'm willing to put the time in to maintain my body, and my wife, who is also into good fitness, does the same. What happened to the girlfriend I broke up with? She kept gaining weight. Got married somehow but then divorced - probably for the same reasons outlined above. Currently lives alone with 2 cats, nearing 40, no kids, no love life. It's a shame because in her early 20's she was beautiful and slim, but she let an overeating addiction get the best of her, and from where I stand it ruined her life. Obesity kills. It ruins relationships as well. In this world of limited resources nobody should take more than their share. Do yourself and your boyfriend a favor and get that gym membership. Please don't subscribe to the self-pitying, self-justifying claims of the fat community that "people need to get over their obsession with being thin as the standard for beautiful" or "society is so one-dimensional that it can't look past someone's outward appearance to the beautiful person underneath." That's just an excuse to keep pigging out. Someone who expects society to change for their benefit, rather than making the effort to live a healthy and moderate lifestyle, is selfish and unrealistic, and shouldn't be surprised by the scorn and contempt they receive.

I agree with this post. Were not being mean to fat people but being fat isn't healthy and it is unattractive. you guys would be the first to die if there was a zombie apocalyps

perdix 29

#37, you are right. Screw society's judgment -- if you can't be attracted to an obese woman, there's no way to change that. That's what plumpa humpas and chubby chasers are for!

loveurlifeJK 5

I agree on everything you said except for the unattractive part. I think chubbies are sexy. ;)

37: I agree with the gist of your post. Shifting cultural standards of beauty aside, it might even be hard-wired into us to find obesity unattractive, as it's obviously not healthy. I do have to say, though, that like other addictions, overeating is a sign of deeper issues. It's possible that your ex's size alone didn't kill her potential, but whatever drove her to that particular addiction did. I'm in no way excusing overeating, any more than I would excuse drug or alcohol addiction. Frankly, gluttony makes me physically ill; I can't watch any kind of eating contest without feeling total disgust at living in a society where that is OK. I'm just stating that if addiction is, in fact, a disease, it's not so much an autonomic one as it is a symptomatic one. Like Type 2 diabetes in an obese person, it often exacerbates and perpetuates the invisible preexisting problem that caused it.

ROFLBERRYPIE 0

People always act so suprised when told they are fat.

FHL for having to put up with you, being fat is a HEALTH PROBLEM. you should be happy he cares.

Here is the ultimate solution. Expensive, yet ultimate. Buy a Wii and Fit :) He gets a new game console and you get your own tiny personal trainer. You both can work out AND have fun doing it. Im chubby but theres no way you'll catch me in a gym sweating in front of everyone. I already know Im getting the Wii and Fit for Christmas. My boyfriend also wants to use it, and buy his own games for it lol

Here is the ultimate solution. Expensive, yet ultimate. Buy a Wii and Fit :) He gets a new game console and you get your own tiny personal trainer. You both can work out AND have fun doing it. Im chubby but theres no way you'll catch me in a gym sweating in front of everyone. I already know Im getting the Wii and Fit for Christmas. My boyfriend also wants to use it, and buy his own games for it lol