By It'd be nice to see you too. - 09/06/2014 02:17 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, at my all-night senior party, I was talking to the blind girl who I haven't had classes with since 9th grade. I unthinkingly opened the conversation with "Nice to see you again." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 521
You deserved it 9 683

Same thing different taste

Comments

But you CAN see her so your statement is valid. I doubt she was that offended considering there are other ways she could reply besides "Nice to see you too."

if she didn't get offended, i don't see the problem. its a rather normal greeting for people to use so I'm sure shes not too hurt. i wouldn't get too worked up about it

I honestly wouldn't worry about it :) people understand phrases like that. I worked with a girl who uses a wheelchair and someone once asked us if we wanted to walk down to the store and immediately began apologizing. The girl just laughed and said it was fine, and not to think too much about it. If its a common phrase, more times than not, the person won't even think anything about it unless you start to.

Please do not get this wrong but I don't see a problem with your choice of words. Technically it has been a while since you did see her last and from what I can understand you didn't mean those words as an insult. I am hoping she took it in the manner it was meant, and since it has been a while, who knows a new friendship might come out of it.

Britt125 16

Well, you can see her. She can't see you, but you can see her. It's an accurate statement. I'm sure she hears that all the time, it's a common statement, it probably doesn't phase her. This makes me think, I know somebody who hit a deer once. Almost everybody's immediate reaction when they found out was to respond with "oh dear" then gasp in horror at what they just said. They guy just laughed it off, it wasn't a big deal... it's just a common thing that people say. Point is, it's the same kind of thing, it's just a common figure of speech and likely she doesn't care. Unless she actually told you she was upset I wouldn't worry about it.

Common mistake probably didn't take it personally

username is the funniest thing! hope she didnt't really say that. unless it was as a joke and she wanted to make it un-awkward